Author Topic: New Member. App turned in 12-21-15 **Update**  (Read 5669 times)

Scratch Golfer

New Member. App turned in 12-21-15 **Update**
« on: December 22, 2015, 03:35:36 AM »
Hello everyone. I've been checking out the site for a bit and reading. Obviously by the title I just turned my app in today. I am taking the class in early January. I will be updating this process as I go through it. Here are  a few things that I have learned.

Reading on the forum I was under the impression that the Kent county prothonotary accepted credit cards. I think that info is in one of the stickies. I learned today that they do not take credit cards,  cash, check MO only.  Also, you cannot take cell phones into the building.

Don't sign the application as you need to do that in front of the notary.

2 passport type pictures, means just that. 2  Since you need to turn in a copy of everything I was a little concerned that they wanted 4 pictures. Not the case and just paperclip them to your application. One on each or both on one.

I actually took my app in a couple of days before the 10 day minimum after you run an ad in the paper. The nice ladies said they would hold it for me and submit at the correct date.

** letter received today. Approved with the condition of turning in the certificate. 
A few details about me and my history. I've lived in the county most of my life. I would categorize myself and my family as somewhat well known. No idea if that helped or not. I also had a couple of alcohol related offenses about 20 years ago. I noted them on my app.  Underage possession type stuff. Not driving. Just have to turn in my certificate on Monday and I'm legal.

I took my course at shooters choice. I thought it was a good course and enjoyed the instructor. I've read some negative things about that particular course. Just thought I would share my thoughts.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 08:58:47 PM by Scratch Golfer »

lynch

• Life Member
Re: New Member. App turned in 12-21-15
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 08:12:25 AM »
If you downloaded the application instructions, it says:
6.  Include the statutory filing fee of $65.00. Cash, Money Order or Personal Check, made payable to“PROTHONOTARY" will be accepted.
Welcome to the forum and good luck.  ;D
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 12:07:27 PM »
Will be interested in your progress.

If you dont have a class lined up, PM me we have one scheduled mid January.

The only other thing I would add is write your name on the back of your
photos with a felt tip pen.  Just in case they drop a stack of them....
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 01:57:34 PM »
I think just about everyone here turned in the certificate with the paperwork I know that is not necessary but it does make the process much smoother.  Keep us posted as least your wait will not be as long as it was here in NCC.   
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 02:35:30 PM »
When I first applied, I did not turn the certificate with the paperwork.  Received a letter stating I was approved
and needed to turn in the certificate within 90 days of the date of the letter or I would be automatically denied.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Scratch Golfer

Re: New Member. App turned in 12-21-15 **Update**
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 09:00:03 PM »
Update in first post.

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 10:08:36 PM »
Congrats, now hurry and get that handed in !
Safe carry when it comes in !
I feel they overcharge a little more then they should and have not always had great experience there myself.   ;) ::)
I say go where you're comfortable  ;D
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association

Scratch Golfer

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 01:42:38 PM »
Dropped by the court house to turn in my class certificate. I was expecting to wait a bit for them to print out my license. Nope, I was told that they would process and mail it to me. Another week. :(   

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 02:28:15 AM »
The wait is what they all say it is 5 to six months.  I know some that have waited 8 months..
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2016, 11:56:06 AM »
Welcome to he group
New Castle County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2016, 02:06:35 PM »
I know how it is to have to endure "the wait" for your permit. But just remember this. There is a great increase in the number of applicants, and no increase in the number of people processing them. That in itself means longer wait times. Tack on top of this the people that are renewing this time of year. And as I have read, they are usually processed first. So hang in there, all good things are worth the wait. If approved and you get your permit, in 3 years you will be in the renew line for the next 5 year period.
And remember to vote for Pro 2nd Amendment candidates in the April Primaries and in the November elections. Candidates are graded by the NRA-ILA and listed on their website. That's a good point of reference. You can also check with the members of the Delaware State Sportsman Assoc. (DSSA) and they can help you. Good Luck, carry safe.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Scratch Golfer

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 12:05:46 PM »
My license was in the mail yesterday. Total wait after turning in my application was 6 weeks and 4 days.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 06:43:57 PM »
Not too bad of a wait time. What county are you in?

My license was in the mail yesterday. Total wait after turning in my application was 6 weeks and 4 days.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County