Author Topic: Received permit in mail today, 51 days  (Read 6924 times)

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
Re: Received permit in mail today, 51 days
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2016, 11:21:04 AM »
Oh the PPS. Great pistol and I had no idea when Chris @ Federal Firearms directed me towards it. I bought it because Chris seemed like a honest guy. He was right and I am happy. Works great in a Vedder kydex holster IWB light tuck. I can't carry outside but wear it all day at home at 3 o'clock. Comfortable and I can sit down with no problems. I'm not saying it will work for you and my CCDW instructor said I'll have a box of holsters, just how it is. So far I think I got lucky, only have 1 in the box and am happy with what I wear. Thinking about a comfort tuck combat tuck, need a little leather to stop from getting pinched. Originally thought I wanted appendix carry but you can't sit down. The Vedder is nice because it's adjustable. Wrote a review and worth a trip to the website.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

Steveo

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2016, 11:49:15 PM »
Drivers license style
Wow, that really surprised me. They told me 6 months, turned it in Dec. 17th, now to get the pistol I want and serious training.
Steveo:   Is the license the old pasted together large version or the be drivers license version?

Steveo

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2016, 11:56:00 PM »
Thanks for the info, been trying a few different ones, I will be getting a 9MM as I already have a Ruger P89, want same caliber for eaase of ammo storage, like the Walther PPS also, I have a Walther P22 and I am comfortable with this style of grip.
Wow, that really surprised me. They told me 6 months, turned it in Dec. 17th, now to get the pistol I want and serious training.

Congrats and welcome to the club!

Piece of advise.. Don't buy what's popular or the first thing the sales guy behind the counter points you to. Find what feels good in your hand and that you fire well as well. Go pickup and hold a number handguns and revolvers. Get a feel for them and how they function. Politely ask who your dealing with first before racking, pointing and dry firing as imo it's just the right thing to do. Ask if anyone is willing to meet you at a range and allow you to fire their handgun. I've met a few people like this. Talk to folks while at the range. I've allowed a number of people to fire my handguns and in return you usually get to pop off a few from theirs. Most ranges will also allow you to test fire some of their firearms as well, though if not a member likely a fee as well. You'll also usually have to buy their ammo for rented firearms. Also note that it's more the grip length then barrel length that affects its ease of concealability.

A quality holster is great but it's the belt that makes the difference! Order a good quality belt!

I took to the classic versions of the Walther PPS and the PPQ with the paddle mag release and it just works best for me. Both have button release version now since most prefer it here in the US. Not saying to buy these but pointing out that what you prefer could differ from what most others prefer.

Enjoy, have fun and stay safe!