Author Topic: it's in, great day  (Read 9700 times)

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
it's in, great day
« on: February 08, 2016, 07:41:57 PM »
Application is in today, just checked the mail when I got home. Nothing yet. Maybe tomorrow.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

JOET

• Life Member
Re: it's in, great day
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 07:52:06 PM »
make sure that you check the mail box each and every single day.

and btw, glad to have had lunch..
New Castle County

PPScarry

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 01:13:01 PM »
It was a pleasure hanging out with you Joet. Lunch is on me next time.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 01:50:50 PM »
Is it there yet?
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 07:41:11 PM »
did you check the mail box today????
New Castle County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 07:23:52 AM »
If not check the it today 😜

I actually went on 3 vacations waiting for mine which took 9 flipping months!

PPScarry

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 11:06:42 AM »
If it takes 9 months I'm going to ...... keep looking in the mail box for 12. Mailman is already getting tired of me meeting him at the door.
I'm noticing that if it wasn't for junk mail the post office would be out of business. 51 days would be nice.
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 03:35:23 PM »
Argh.. Just mail! It should be banned!

Not likely to take 9 months. We filed and got called requesting out of state dmv extract since we had just moved to DE the prior year. That added time.

Happy waiting!

PPScarry

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 03:43:18 PM »
Mail gets here around 2. I'm looking out the door starting at 12. Good thing I have a video camera pointed down both ends of the street. See him coming 10 minutes before he gets here! Man I hope I get it by April, I feel naked not carrying to the store or restaurant. Open carry in the truck is helpful but I only do that when I pick up my wife from work.

I wonder if my Walther PPS is thinking about me when I'm gone, like I do of it.
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 09:41:34 PM »
I was told 6 months in 2013.  Just fixed my mind on that.  About 9 weeks later noticed a letter fro Prothonotary
Thought it was a note that I forgot something.   Felt the envelope.  Feels like it.  Opened it up. Unrestricted.
Wife's came about 4 weeks later.  No idea why.

In any case. Think 6 months. When it comes earlier, hopefully you will be surprised.

In the mean time think holsters, carry style and very important, clothing.  I found I needed a winter, summer and an in between mode of dress.  Mrs " Clarence" was thrilled to pick out new clothes and take the old to the donation box.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 09:47:54 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

PPScarry

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 11:55:28 PM »
I think about it and I like the 3 o'clock/4 o'clock position and have the right holster. I may want another holster with some leather. As far as clothing goes, I wear my shirts un-tucked and loose anyway. My belt is perfect. Checked the mail today. Junk mail and the Miraculous Medal folks are jamming my mailbox since we donate to them. They must spend 10 times the amount we give them on mail and cards. God bless them.
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2016, 10:18:51 AM »
I cuddled a few holsters before being seduced by the Comp-Tac MTAC. Double leather backing with kydex shell. The most comfortable holster I've worn allowing me to carry a Walther PPQ from 7am to midnight everyday and forgetting it's even there. Can walk, run, flip, do hand stands, cycle, bounce on a trampoline (have a very active 5yo), crawl under my old cars and heck yes.. even swim with it on. Really.. I wound up in the water swimming last year with it when I had to jump in to help another boater. Most of my handgun purchases are followed by an order to Comp-Tac for a matcihing holster or a shell. Every position is adjustable allowing one to fit it to where one likes and is most comfortable. The PPQ shell can be removed and a PPS shell installed onto the backing though I usually just order a complete unit. I usually have a t-shirt tucked with another shirt/sweater over however often just toss on a t-shirt on and go as well with the leather directly against my body. Just as comfortable.

Costs are a bit higher however the quality, comfort and durability are there so I dont mnd. I also have a couple of thier double layered belts that have a kydex reinforced center. Excellent belt that holds up and retains its original shape.

I also wear at 3. 👍

PPScarry

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2016, 11:12:54 AM »
I have a little holster cuddle envy. Wanting leather. Do you have a combat cut or full leather. I'm wondering if the cut out leather (combat cut) rubs against the skin at 3 o'clock.

That was also a worthy review of a holster and I hope others get to read it, those of us new to carrying spend a lot of money on holsters due to not understanding how important they are. I hate reading about people who stop carrying because of discomfort. Happens a lot.
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2016, 02:07:32 PM »
I'm still looking for something comfortable to carry my M&P shield :(
I have gone through a few cheap and a couple not so cheap and haven't found something yet that I have liked :(
I prefer in the waistband  ;D
Not interested in a fanny type holster either been there done that 15-20 years and not doing it again ( not for conceal use ).
I also am very interested in a Glock 43 :)
I have to start saving for that.....
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association

PPScarry

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2016, 06:42:57 PM »
I want a G43 as well but I'm burning through ammo with my shooting addiction, there I said it, and am getting a Ruger SR22 first. I may get a holster for my wife's Glock 42 and carry it until I get a 43 however I am still in deep love with the accuracy and feel of the Walther PPS. It carries well but I'm sure the 42 & 43 tuck a lot easier. They have to. Then I want to get a Colt 223/5.56............. ::)
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer