Author Topic: Finally did it  (Read 2548 times)

eclipse

Finally did it
« on: February 13, 2016, 06:46:13 PM »
After years of talking about it my wife and I moved to PA.  The main reason was the better schools in PA and lover population density but way more gun friendly is a nice plus.  Already changed address with my Florida and pa permits.  Does anyone know if my delaware permit still valid?  I think I can still carry in delaware on my Florida permit.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Re: Finally did it
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 07:31:23 PM »
I could be wrong but.. I think your DE permit is only good while you are a resident of the state. If you move out if state it's no longer valid. That said, I believe there is a 30 day period or so after the move before you become a resident of PA and no longer DE. Something to look to. 

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 10:29:18 PM »
I second that Adrenolin.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 10:41:12 PM »
Carry on your FL permit
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

eclipse

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 11:35:09 AM »
Thanks.  That is what I thought.  I called chester county and they said to just update the address on my pa non res(issued by lancaster county) and then apply for a chester county resident at my next renewal.  Florida has an online change of address form that makes things really easy.  Already looking at suppressors....

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 12:27:18 PM »
You are good with the Florida to carry in Delaware once you are officially a PA resident.  Looks like you will lose Minnesota and Nevada but pick up New Hampshire with the permits you have once Delaware is invalid.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.