Author Topic: Carrying on the open road...  (Read 2689 times)

danman442

Carrying on the open road...
« on: February 22, 2016, 09:17:54 AM »
I am looking forward to the nicer weather, but struggling if I will be able to carry while riding this year. I have a cruiser (Honda Shadow) that I could probably get away with IWB, as I carry now, but I also have a sport bike (Kawasaki ZX-7R) that is not going to be as easy. The crotch-rocket seating is less than forgiving, and even with a jacket on, t-shirts still become a flag in the wind. I guess I am left with an ankle holster, but fear that too will print or reveal, or shoulder holster, but how will that be on hot days and restricted to under a t-shirt? I want to keep the gun on my person, not in a bag or on the bike.

Also if I could find something I can also use when I pedal some of the dirt trails we have in DE, although many of those are on state grounds so I will have to go with-out depending on where I decide to ride. All opinions and options are appreciated, thanks in advance!

Richie

Re: Carrying on the open road...
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 11:54:18 AM »
Sneaky Pete holster will do it.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 12:46:47 PM »
Sneaky Pete holster will do it.

yep... or a Safepacker.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 02:08:24 PM »
A belly band holster may work.  You can position the gun anywhere you want to. Here are some on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=belly+band+holsters&tag=mh0b-20&index=aps&hvadid=860957074&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_6h8x7cmbed_e
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 03:19:30 PM »
DeSantis has a belt pouch (similar to SneakyPete) - Incognito and it has a Velcro on flap. I have one and I carry either my G42 but mostly my G43. I used this all of last summer and it really looks like a cell phone holster.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

danman442

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 10:01:29 PM »
Awesome! Thank you for the information, I will check them out.