Author Topic: carrying while working security  (Read 8551 times)

Obleo

• Life Member
Re: carrying while working security
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2016, 12:57:45 PM »
I know this thread is drifting away from the original question but I just wanted to add:  There appears no benefit for a lawful CCDW to go anywhere near a "security" type involvement.  The Delaware code for security type work tends to restrict many of the freedoms that we now hold.  To start with an annual fee (to not exceed $600) is required.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

8thFA

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2016, 10:56:55 PM »
I know this thread is drifting away from the original question but I just wanted to add:  There appears no benefit for a lawful CCDW to go anywhere near a "security" type involvement.  The Delaware code for security type work tends to restrict many of the freedoms that we now hold.  To start with an annual fee (to not exceed $600) is required.
Thanks. That's what I'm thinking.  I carry in church and I will continue, but I'm afraid of hanging my carcass out to dry if something happens and I'm serving in an official capacity.
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2016, 01:23:05 AM »
This may be a little late but I had someone else asking about "security" in the church.

http://dsp.delaware.gov/privateinvestigator%2526privatesecurityemployees.shtml
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Richie

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2016, 12:08:34 PM »
Concealed is concealed, why does anyone have to know, as long as your carry legally. Isn't that the whole idea. Why blow your horn when you don't have to.

8thFA

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2016, 10:33:25 PM »
Concealed is concealed, why does anyone have to know, as long as your carry legally. Isn't that the whole idea. Why blow your horn when you don't have to.
I'm carrying concealed, my original question though was if working security was something that was really legal to do.  Specifically, if there was an incident.  Would the authorities give me a hard time for shooting someone while in a volunteer capacity as a security officer.
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2016, 12:02:27 AM »
I'm carrying concealed, my original question though was if working security was something that was really legal to do.  Specifically, if there was an incident.  Would the authorities give me a hard time for shooting someone while in a volunteer capacity as a security officer.
Let's refocus on to the continuum from unarmed sheeple to an active shooter incident.  Also change the terminology from 'security' to 'safety'. The 'security' label appears to have negative effects if unlicensed. As mentioned previously, be sure that your pastoral staff is aware and in agreement with your preparation.

First your situational awareness is in itself is a layer of protection for your church members and more importantly your pastoral staff. A firm handshake, direct eye contact, and a quick evaluation can queue up a person of interest for further observation and will likely disabuse them of the notion of causing trouble on your watch.  Don't key on just general appearance or religious jewelry; new jihadi guidance includes shaving the beard and wearing a cross. 
Second, seek to defuse the situation. (An incident successfully defused was related earlier in this thread).  The person may be spiritually overwrought, mentally unbalanced, or just rowdy.
Third, if deadly force is required, be sure that you can recount to the judge your rationale at each step of your actions. 
Finally, your willingness to be the sheepdog in His service may have negative earthly consequences but eternal rewards.
A good read that actually extends well beyond the normal precautions is Pablo Birriel's Ministry of Defense: Executive Protection of the Ministry
"Your job is to give them a difficult look, to show that their loss would be larger than their gain. If you can do this, then they will overlook your man or woman of God and go to a less protected target."
"A valid part of setting up your protection is the ability to read expressions and body language. The preeminent data on reading “micro expressions” was developed by Dr. Paul Ekman, and it would be in the best interest of all parties engaged in protection to review it and utilize it. Dr. Ekman has determined in his research that individuals give glimpses of deception in their expressions. In other words the eyes are the window to the soul, just as scripture suggests."
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

8thFA

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2016, 01:08:38 AM »

Let's refocus on to the continuum from unarmed sheeple to an active shooter incident.  Also change the terminology from 'security' to 'safety'. The 'security' label appears to have negative effects if unlicensed. As mentioned previously, be sure that your pastoral staff is aware and in agreement with your preparation.

First your situational awareness is in itself is a layer of protection for your church members and more importantly your pastoral staff. A firm handshake, direct eye contact, and a quick evaluation can queue up a person of interest for further observation and will likely disabuse them of the notion of causing trouble on your watch.  Don't key on just general appearance or religious jewelry; new jihadi guidance includes shaving the beard and wearing a cross. 
Second, seek to defuse the situation. (An incident successfully defused was related earlier in this thread).  The person may be spiritually overwrought, mentally unbalanced, or just rowdy.
Third, if deadly force is required, be sure that you can recount to the judge your rationale at each step of your actions. 
Finally, your willingness to be the sheepdog in His service may have negative earthly consequences but eternal rewards.
A good read that actually extends well beyond the normal precautions is Pablo Birriel's Ministry of Defense: Executive Protection of the Ministry
"Your job is to give them a difficult look, to show that their loss would be larger than their gain. If you can do this, then they will overlook your man or woman of God and go to a less protected target."
"A valid part of setting up your protection is the ability to read expressions and body language. The preeminent data on reading “micro expressions” was developed by Dr. Paul Ekman, and it would be in the best interest of all parties engaged in protection to review it and utilize it. Dr. Ekman has determined in his research that individuals give glimpses of deception in their expressions. In other words the eyes are the window to the soul, just as scripture suggests."

That's very helpful.  Thanks.
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC