Author Topic: Vehicle holster mount  (Read 5055 times)

Andrew1986

Vehicle holster mount
« on: February 27, 2016, 08:09:16 PM »
Wanted to see what those of you have to mount your firearm in your car such as a holster to the center console or under the steering wheel.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

New Castle County
DECCW Permit Holder
PA N/R Permit Holder

29thInfantry

• Life Member
Re: Vehicle holster mount
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 08:35:55 PM »
Right hip in the same holster I carry in.  I think there is to many variences to worry about a car mounted holster.  I do have a safe in the car but that is for when I absolutely cannot carry my firearm where I am going which does not happen very often.
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Andrew1986

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 12:40:06 PM »
I want to be able to take it off me in the vehicle and have it holstered while I am driving rather then on my hip.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

New Castle County
DECCW Permit Holder
PA N/R Permit Holder

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 01:38:41 PM »
I have seen people use a left hand OWB holster clipped to the console top opening between the seat and console. Seemed to work for them.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 01:50:48 PM »
Fobus used to make a mounting bracket for their Roto-Holster, but I don't see it on their website anymore.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 02:27:10 AM »
For my XDs  I used the right handed Springfield OEM paddle holster and just clipped it to the edge of the storage bin on the drivers door on my truck and car..  I'm left handed.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Andrew1986

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 04:54:33 PM »
Thanks I'm probably going to use the one by gum creek in my Highlander.

New Castle County
DECCW Permit Holder
PA N/R Permit Holder

thrwbck77

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2016, 07:21:45 AM »

Here is a mount i ran into on FaceBook the name of the guy selling these is Joe Pickett

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 11:13:59 PM »
Nice Operator, congratulation!

Here is a mount i ran into on FaceBook the name of the guy selling these is Joe Pickett

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 12:36:32 PM »
I want to be able to take it off me in the vehicle and have it holstered while I am driving rather then on my hip.

I used to think that and looked at the options but decided to leave it in place. I carry a pretty much full sized handgun (Walther Classic PPQ) daily at 3o'clock in an MTAC holster. In and out of the truck and car, on/off the bike and all other activities with no issues. If its dark and in a parking lot or other type of situation, simply pull your shirt up and tuck behind the grip. Still super easy to draw even with the seatbelt on.

Why do you want to un-holster, holster, un-holster & re-holster every time you drive anywhere? Greatly adds to the risk of an AD or someone seeing you and calling the cops.

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 10:20:47 PM »

I used to think that and looked at the options but decided to leave it in place. I carry a pretty much full sized handgun (Walther Classic PPQ) daily at 3o'clock in an MTAC holster. In and out of the truck and car, on/off the bike and all other activities with no issues. If its dark and in a parking lot or other type of situation, simply pull your shirt up and tuck behind the grip. Still super easy to draw even with the seatbelt on.

Why do you want to un-holster, holster, un-holster & re-holster every time you drive anywhere? Greatly adds to the risk of an AD or someone seeing you and calling the cops.

I agree 100% Leave it holstered on you.
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God