Author Topic: Longhurst plans to remove NICS requirement to sell after 3 days.  (Read 30778 times)

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
Re: Longhurst plans to remove NICS requirement to sell after 3 days.
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2016, 04:40:46 PM »
Wondering if you file your paperwork with your SSN. I do not and believe most people do not.

I wanted to know what the reasons were for the delays. I can only guess and thought maybe Chris or another FFL guy could help. I want this information to shed light on how to fix the problem. You can't fix the problem if one is kept in the dark. I don't expect our favorite FFL guys to know these problems, maybe we need a FBI or LEO to explain why background checks are delayed because computers today are fast.

Whether it's 3 days (why not the same day) or 5 days doesn't matter if we don't know what the heck the problem is. That only makes rikwick wait longer for his legal and constitutionally protected right of purchasing a firearm. Obtaining a lawyer is also a necessity sometimes when you need a UPIN and I hope rikwick was not burdened.

I am of the opinion that the constitution doesn't have a waiting period. Fix the freaking System or get rid of it and explain to this hard head what the problems are! I sincerely don't know but I have a good idea how to fix problems like most here. Obviously rikwick didn't have a similar name problem. By the way, way to hang rikwick.

Legislation is seldom the answer, and there is more troubling Legislation on the way and being written all over this nation by gun grabbers. I only need the Constitution of the United States and a good blacksmith.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

greymas

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2016, 05:15:58 PM »
I once heard someone say a right delayed is a right denied. I tend to agree. Whether it's 1, 3, 30 days or indefinitely the right of the individual should not be delayed. I think most of us on this forum agree that this is not a loop hole in need of closing as the wording in the bill suggest, but a safety measure to ensure rights are not being denied because of bureaucratic solution to a perceived threat to the public.

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2016, 03:42:22 PM »
Wondering if you file your paperwork with your SSN. I do not and believe most people do not.

I wanted to know what the reasons were for the delays. I can only guess and thought maybe Chris or another FFL guy could help. I want this information to shed light on how to fix the problem. You can't fix the problem if one is kept in the dark. I don't expect our favorite FFL guys to know these problems, maybe we need a FBI or LEO to explain why background checks are delayed because computers today are fast.

Whether it's 3 days (why not the same day) or 5 days doesn't matter if we don't know what the heck the problem is. That only makes rikwick wait longer for his legal and constitutionally protected right of purchasing a firearm. Obtaining a lawyer is also a necessity sometimes when you need a UPIN and I hope rikwick was not burdened.

I am of the opinion that the constitution doesn't have a waiting period. Fix the freaking System or get rid of it and explain to this hard head what the problems are! I sincerely don't know but I have a good idea how to fix problems like most here. Obviously rikwick didn't have a similar name problem. By the way, way to hang rikwick.

Legislation is seldom the answer, and there is more troubling Legislation on the way and being written all over this nation by gun grabbers. I only need the Constitution of the United States and a good blacksmith.

ppscarry..the delay is not a huge problem...why some people get delayed varies....things that happened in the past,minor offenses,security clearances,similar name,jr/sr 2nd/3rd on and on...nothing that would really prohibit ownership of a firearm but nics claims they don't have access right away to that info....I have customers that get delayed sometimes and other times proceed...never know from one examiner to another.....have had denieds that were overturned due to mistakes so you never know.......

What scares me is the state getting involved with the federal system...don't understand how that will work but whatever....second what if and i say what if they choose not to call back and delay everyone claiming staffing problem or systems issues????? case to note is last saturday...nics call in center was down all day..was only able to do checks online.....now what..they don't call back no more transfers????that's a risk that should not be noted lightly.....the 3 day was put into place to protect from the no call back....is that how criminals get guns? no way...fixes anything? no....carolina shooter was fbi/nics error....that's what needs fixed...stop pointing your finger at everything else and place the responsibility on the organizations that are failing to do their jobs...

PPScarry

• Life Member
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2016, 06:08:38 PM »
Thanks for the information. My finger is pointed at no one. I am only asking questions. I am on the same side of this issue as you are or I wouldn't be here.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2016, 03:55:13 PM »
From 3 days to 30!

http://delawarestatenews.net/government/bill-would-extend-gun-background-check-waiting-period-in-delaware/

My question for our elected officials is, of the people who were prohibited - how many were prosecuted?

Guess an email to my elected officials asking that question.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 04:07:27 PM by Radnor »
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2016, 12:58:47 PM »
Email sent to my elected officials.

Dear Mrs. Blevins & Mr. Mitchell;
(CC: Jeff Speigleman)

Hope this finds you well.

I see both of you are for HB325.  Both of you are in my voting district. I have a questions I hope one or both of you will take the time to answer.

How many people acquired a firearm who were prohibited persons?
How many were convicted under ยง 1448 Possession and purchase of deadly weapons by persons prohibited?

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question,

Radnor
Address of the bridge I live under

Reply from Jeff:

Thank you for contacting my office about the most recent gun bill in the Delaware House of Representatives.  I voted No.  Despite this, the bill passed 22 yes- 17 No- 2 Absent

My reply to Jeff:

Jeff,
(CC: Mrs. Blevins & Mr. Mitchell)

Thank you for taking the time to write back.  I wish the two IN MY VOTING district took such time. 
Guess I'll have to keep their lack of response in mind when I step into the voting booth.

Radnor
Address

Which sparked a reply from Mr. Mitchell's office FINALLY:

Good Afternoon Radnor,

We are trying to find information related to the questions you originally posed. This information is not readily available, and may take a couple days.

Have a good weekend,
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2016, 07:07:56 PM »
And Patty Blevins reply:

Sorry I missed replying - 300 or more e-mails a day.  I support HB 325, as I'm sure you expected.  I'm sure you know that the vast majority of individuals buying guns get their background checks done while they wait and they leave with the gun they purchased right away.

GOD I hope Anthony Delcollo wins in November REPLACING her!!!!!  I KNOW where he stands on guns.  He  has a CCDW and is a NRA pistol instructor.

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2016, 08:20:57 PM »
And Patty Blevins reply:

Sorry I missed replying - 300 or more e-mails a day.  I support HB 325, as I'm sure you expected.  I'm sure you know that the vast majority of individuals buying guns get their background checks done while they wait and they leave with the gun they purchased right away.

GOD I hope Anthony Delcollo wins in November REPLACING her!!!!!  I KNOW where he stands on guns.  He  has a CCDW and is a NRA pistol instructor.

+100

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2016, 08:41:53 PM »
And my reply from Larry Mitchell: 

Radnor,

Thank you for contacting me on this issue. I did vote for this bill because the change would ensure that persons purchasing firearms had the right to do so under the law. I do not want to prevent anyone having the legal right to own guns however I want to make sure all checks are finished before the transaction is complete. This would only delay a very small percentage based on numbers in Delaware.
Thank you,
Larry Mitchell

SteveMiller

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2016, 10:17:03 PM »
We need to work harder to stop this in the Senate
Steve Miller
DSSA
NRA Life Member
Gun Owners of America

ChrisCar

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2016, 12:40:36 AM »
@Radnor:

Consider yourself luck you got multiple replies.  I emailed everyone on the DSSA email alert and the rep/sen for my district.  I admit it was a fairly lengthy message citing the constitution, case law and anecdotal evidence justifying why the deadline should not be extended.  I received 0 replies.   >:(
New Castle County
DE CCDW,  PA LTCF,  UT CFP
NRA Benefactor Member
DSSA Member

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2016, 11:52:39 AM »
I usually include Jeff a CC.  He usually responds.  Which gives me the ammo of he responded and he's not my Rep.
That usually gets them moving.  I'm still waiting for them to respond to how many were convicted of 1448.

PPScarry

• Life Member
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2016, 12:29:16 PM »
Too embarrassed to say the word zero Radnor.
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2016, 12:53:40 PM »
So Larry Mitchell was taking the extra time to research the answer? Doesn't look like it in his canned answer. God I hate politicians......Horse's @@@.
New Castle County

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2016, 06:28:59 PM »
Senator Ennis is a NO........
New Castle County