Author Topic: Longhurst plans to remove NICS requirement to sell after 3 days.  (Read 30776 times)

ThePixelated

Re: Longhurst plans to remove NICS requirement to sell after 3 days.
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2016, 12:51:58 AM »
Received a orange post card from the NRA today asking me to contact Senator Nicole Poore about HB325. So I typed up a nice email to her giving her a great example of how great NJ's 30-day waiting period is with the example from last year's stabbing of Carol Bowne in Berlin, NJ.

I doubt I'll hear back from her. Never do.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2016, 12:52:55 AM »
I expect to see her Friday at the Civic Association meeting. I'll bring the card, and bring it up.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2016, 03:32:50 AM »
something i thought about today...since the federal form is only good for 30days..now you delay for 30 days....how do i transfer the firearm???????
who will be monitoring this program if it passes...Inspectors? more tax money to hire? get state police back into the gun business???

rikwick

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2016, 10:44:53 PM »
Ok, so I appealed my delay back in the middle of March, and got a response letter today from the US DOJ, it says:

"This letter is in response to your inquiry concerning your transaction to possess or receive a firearm.  Please be advised that your firearm transfer was not denied, but merely delayed due to a potential match of a possible disqualifying record.  Your inquiry has been forwarded for further processing.  The FBI Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division's NICS Section is currently processing cases received in June 2015."

I guessed I am being processed, I'll keep everyone in the loop as I get more information.

AudiQ

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2016, 01:50:15 AM »
I expect to see her Friday at the Civic Association meeting. I'll bring the card, and bring it up.
So what did she say?
Endeavor to persevere

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2016, 10:11:55 AM »
So what did she say?
I doubt I changed her mind, but she was definitely shocked when I showed her a New York Times article that said "Nearly 80,000 Americans were denied guns in 2010, according to Justice Department data, because they lied or provided inaccurate information about their criminal histories on background-check forms. Yet only 44 of those people were charged with a crime."

My point was that her law would have no effect on the criminals in Wilmington, because they don't go to gun shops and fill out 4473's; it only affect people like me and her, which is a violation of our rights. I told her about being "held" at Christmastime for my common name... not because I was suddenly a criminal, but because the system was understaffed.

She seemed to get the point, but I doubt it will change her vote.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

AudiQ

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2016, 12:06:12 PM »
OGG-I applaud your face to face effort. Sometimes using the personal touch is more effective than electronic conversation (he said as he typed out his reply on his phone). Who knows, you might sway her to the 2A side.
Endeavor to persevere

greymas

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2016, 12:19:57 PM »
Now in the Senate - from Delaware State sportsmans association. Call to Action:
http://dssa.us/2016/05/09/alert-firearm-purchase-delay-legislation-now-senate/

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2016, 01:56:22 PM »
Thanks for the information. Writing to each contact now.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2016, 02:31:41 PM »
Email sent to Patty Blevins.  Sure it will have the SAME outcome as my 1st.

Come on Anthony Delcollo!!!!
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2016, 02:32:51 PM »
So what did she say?
I doubt I changed her mind, but she was definitely shocked when I showed her a New York Times article that said "Nearly 80,000 Americans were denied guns in 2010, according to Justice Department data, because they lied or provided inaccurate information about their criminal histories on background-check forms. Yet only 44 of those people were charged with a crime."

My point was that her law would have no effect on the criminals in Wilmington, because they don't go to gun shops and fill out 4473's; it only affect people like me and her, which is a violation of our rights. I told her about being "held" at Christmastime for my common name... not because I was suddenly a criminal, but because the system was understaffed.

She seemed to get the point, but I doubt it will change her vote.

I worked with Nicole for about a year or so in the private sector before she became a Delaware State Senator and she is a very intelligent and driven individual. Showing her the facts probably did enlighten her and made her consider how she will vote. As you said, whether it sways her is another story.

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2016, 03:01:15 PM »
Just finished writing to all the Senators. I hope it helps. Thanks greymas for the DSSA link with all the Senators email and DSSA stance. Thanks to Federal Firearms for the explanation and reasons for delays as it really helped me compose my letters.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2016, 12:52:10 PM »
I sent email to all the listed people on the committee. I hope each email gets there attention. At least they know how I feel.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2016, 04:50:07 PM »
Dont know if it's good news or not.  But I did NOT see it listed in the minutes from their meeting.
Assuming it is still in committee.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

greymas

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2016, 05:08:13 PM »
Thanks for the update Radnor. I haven't heard back from anyone I sent an email to. I'll keep the pressure on them until I do, respectfully of course :)