Author Topic: Longhurst plans to remove NICS requirement to sell after 3 days.  (Read 30781 times)

groundgrid

• Life Member
Re: Longhurst plans to remove NICS requirement to sell after 3 days.
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2016, 05:40:13 PM »
It appears to me that there is a move in the Senate to amend the bill to death.
Given that time is short, needing to debate and vote on each amendment may make it impossible for the bill to be considered.

Killing the bill in this manner also prevents the pro 2A senators from enduring attacks from the other side during campaign season.

Hopefully it works.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2016, 12:53:22 PM »
It's my understanding that the bill passed early last evening but wait period was amended to 25 days.

groundgrid

• Life Member
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2016, 02:12:05 PM »
Yup. I just typed a response to an article on Delmarva Now.

"There is so much misinformation in this article that it's truly sad. The 3 day rule only applys to someone that initially fails their NICS check. Granted the person could actually be someone that shouldn't own a firearm and that's a good thing. However, sometimes the system has a glitch and fails someone that shouldn't be. The 3 day waiting period by the FBI was designed to allow them to take a second look. If the gun dealer doesn't hear back in that time frame, the purchaser is good to go. It was designed this way to give the FBI some accountability to process transactions in a timely matter. Now let's look at the new Delaware law increasing wait times to 25 days. Here's what's going to happen. Someone gets declined in Delaware who shouldn't have. Three days pass and the FBI decides there is no reason to deny. The application gets dumped into some bit bucket somewhere and forgotten. They won't continue to research for the next 22 days. Now you've just made a legal citizen wait 22 extra days for no reason at all. So yeah....this bill does nothing...truly. For those that are unfamiliar, I suggest you Google Fed Form 4473. This is the form everyone has to fill out to purchase most firearms."

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2016, 10:50:51 PM »
The only way to fix the system is to convince the majority(dems) that we have a criminal/crime problem, not a gun problem.  Doubtful that will happen.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2016, 01:46:16 AM »
The way to fix the system is to change the narrative.

Step 1 is to vote as many a s possible out of office.
We have some excellent pro 2A candidates running for office like Anthony Delcollo: http://www.delcollofordelaware.com/
When we gain control of the State Senate, WE can write the narrative by introducing real bills that will control crime & make criminals unwelcome here.

If the other side won't support these bills, we still control the narrative by blaming them for the state's problems.
Not only does everyone here need to vote, we need to support these candidates by volunteering and donating to their campaigns.

Even if you don't live in a pro 2A candidate's district there is nothing stopping you from helping them win.

Also, if you are a D or independent, change your registration to R and get as many others as possible to do so. The progressives rely
heavily on their voter registration majority. Trust me, they will notice when people start bailing out.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 02:07:41 AM by groundgrid »

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2016, 02:30:31 PM »
Good luck w/getting even close to a majority in this 'gimme' state.  While the Second Amendment is not my only criterion for voting, voting conservative in general is.  That would include constitutional judges, gun uncontrol, abiding by the oath of office they took, etc.  I scolded Tom Carper for his email saying how glad he was  gun control issues are in the forefront.  I questioned that he is violating his oath of office by taking constitutional rights from people without due process.  No reply yet, but I expect gobbledygook political speak.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith