Author Topic: Holster for tucked-in shirt  (Read 13230 times)

AudiQ

Holster for tucked-in shirt
« on: March 21, 2016, 01:31:14 AM »
I filed last week and I'm now  thinking about holsters. I'm allowed to carry at work but required to wear a shirt tucked in. My days are split between the office and the field in a supervisory capacity. I like the looks and adjustability of MTAC, just can't get a clear picture of how a shirt tucks IWB but in front of the weapon without bunching at the holster. I'm also looking at something like a Secpro Coolmax shoulder holster for long drives. I intend to carry either my Walther PPQ or PPS. Any insight is appreciated.

Side note: As I was entering the NCC Courthouse  just before the security check a woman in front of me turned around quickly and as she went past me she mumbled "I can't believe guns are not allowed in the Courthouse."
Endeavor to persevere

29thInfantry

• Life Member
Re: Holster for tucked-in shirt
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 01:48:19 AM »
I would go with an inside the waist band holster IWB or and appendix inside the wasteband AIWB depending on where  you plan to carry.  I used stealth gear usa onyx and I can tuck a shirt pretty easy with it. 
Here are some options

http://stealthgearusa.com/

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/HotcakesStore/ProductViewer/tabid/113/slug/SuperTuck-Deluxe/Default.aspx?utm_source=ammoland

http://aliengearholsters.com/iwb-holsters.html/

These are only suggestions I love my stealth gear holster so much I sold the others that I had.  There is no break in time and if there is ever an issue with the holster they will send you out a new one and send a call tag for the old one.  I got an AIWB from them and the holster would not let me draw the weapon they immediately sent out a new one had it in two days. These are just my suggestions and opinions I am sure others will be giving you thiers.  Carry safe brother!!

NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

mbtech

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 02:59:10 AM »
Another option to look at is, sneaky pete holsters.

www.sneakypeteholsters.com

greymas

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 03:14:35 AM »
I have a crossbreed supertuck made from horse hide. I'm amazed at how hidden my G19 is when I tuck my shirt in. The problem I have with the holster is that if I do not have my shirt tucked in, the metal clips make a squeak from rubbing against the leather. I even tried the plastic clips which still make noise. It is very noticeable. So much so that I may consider replacing the holster. As for tucking in a shirt, it works well.

Trapper

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 03:20:35 AM »
My go to holster for a tucked in shirt is the hidden ally from high noon holsters.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/store/lite-duty-holsters/hidden-ally-w-clip/

It is collapsible leather, if you want a molded plastic I would recommend crossbreed holsters.

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

I usually carry in the appendix position.
Esophageal Atresia Awareness

8thFA

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 04:41:27 PM »
I would second 29th infantry recommendation on the stealthgear Onyx.  He turned me onto that holster (IWB) and it's awesome, and tuckable.
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

AudiQ

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 10:05:34 PM »
Thanks for the input. I'll check them all out as I probably have a few days until my permit appears.
Endeavor to persevere

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2016, 11:10:17 PM »
Awful hard to carry under a tucked shirt in the summer. Maybe an ankle holster (rules out shorts). Loosen up and wear a button up short sleeve shirt out side with a tank tee tucked in under it.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2016, 11:38:36 PM »
Awful hard to carry under a tucked shirt in the summer...
It is doable without difficulty.  Clearing the shirt takes two-handed pull. I find it hard to clear the shirt when a tee is worn underneath. If you have tender skin that you can't toughen up, then a tucked shirt without a tee isn't an option.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

AudiQ

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 01:17:38 AM »
Loosen up and wear a button up short sleeve shirt out side with a tank tee tucked in under it.

I'm loose on Fridays from May thru September with island shirts. Should be no problems concealing those days. Alien and Stealth Gear look interesting. Looks like I need to get one or two and experiment. Again, thanks for all the suggestions.
Endeavor to persevere

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2016, 02:56:58 AM »
The two handguns I carry. The PPQ 95% of the time from morning to bedtime.

Holster.. Comp-Tac MTAC with one of their reinforced belts.

From jeans to khakis to shorts. I can wear a t-shirt over it or tucked and pulled loosely out, button down cotton or dress shirts present no issues either. It's comfortable enough to not need an undershirt and can be worn against the skin for long hours. The MTAC is a top choice, superbly finished and every facet is adjustable. I walk, ride bicycles and motorcycles, crawl around under cars, horse around with my son rolling around on the ground, etc and the firearm remains exactly where it should. I wear at the 3 o'clock position.

I made a mistake while ordering once and they had no issues replacing the item even after I wore it a bit. Email and phone support were great.

I now purchase one whenever I buy a new handgun I might carry occasionally but the Walther Classic 9mm PPQ is pretty much always there.. In an MTAC.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 02:59:30 AM by Adrenolin »

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2016, 05:49:15 AM »
btw.. just got an Easter Sale notice for Comp-Tac... If anyone is interested...

Comp-Tac Easter Sale
Friday 3/25 through Monday 3/28
15% off, Code: 16EGGS

AudiQ

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2016, 05:41:12 PM »
Thanks Adrenolin. After my original post I saw that you and I favor similar weapons and hoped you would weigh in. I was able to experiment with a friend's stealth gear holster, so my concern with the mechanics of tucking a shirt has been resolved. Thanks to all for sharing your insights.
Endeavor to persevere