Author Topic: New Castle county parks  (Read 5437 times)

8thFA

New Castle county parks
« on: March 26, 2016, 12:19:48 PM »
I know it's illegal to carry in Delaware State parks and Federal Parks, but what about New Castle County?  Couldn't find much on this?  I go to Judge Morris all the time and was wondering?
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

Ladian

Re: New Castle county parks
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 02:59:48 PM »
It is still in the books as illegal. Nothing has changed since 2008 when everyone said it was going to be re-visited. So I wouldn't carry in a County Park.

That's my opinion alone...
PA LTCF
DE CCDW
New Castle County

8thFA

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 05:59:07 PM »
Yeah, that seems the prudent thing to do.  Frustrating when I consider how much time my family and I spend in local parks...  I've never had any problems but anything is possible, especially when you are out on a trail in the middle of the woods...
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 12:07:02 AM »
I know it's illegal to carry in ... Federal Parks,..?
Do you mean National Parks? NRA-ILA webpage has listing of Firearms in National Parks
Boilerplate says:
Firearms in National Parks

The law governing possession of firearms inside a national park changed on February 22, 2010.

Visitors may possess firearms within a national park unit provided they comply with federal, state, and local laws.

The role of the responsible gun owner is to know and obey the federal, state, and local laws appropriate to the park they are visiting. ...

Please remember that federal law prohibits firearms in certain park facilities and buildings. These places are marked with signs at public entrances.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

8thFA

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 01:27:49 AM »
I know it's illegal to carry in ... Federal Parks,..?
Do you mean National Parks? NRA-ILA webpage has listing of Firearms in National Parks
Boilerplate says:
Firearms in National Parks

The law governing possession of firearms inside a national park changed on February 22, 2010.

Visitors may possess firearms within a national park unit provided they comply with federal, state, and local laws.

The role of the responsible gun owner is to know and obey the federal, state, and local laws appropriate to the park they are visiting. ...

Please remember that federal law prohibits firearms in certain park facilities and buildings. These places are marked with signs at public entrances.

Yeah, I thought so, I thought that was in some of the literature from my CCW class.  Maybe I'm confusing national parks with national wildlife refuges like we have in DE.  I'll have to go back and check.  Thanks.
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

8thFA

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 01:36:43 AM »
Wow, I was way off on the federal park thing.  I guess I was thinking about the State/National Forest reg referenced below...

Carrying Of a Firearm Is Prohibited In
www.handgunlaw.us 4
 Federal Buildings
 State approved "SLOTS"
 Courthouses, police stations, prisons and other detention facilities’ (Title 11 §1256 & §1258).
 State/National Forest (Del. Regulation 3.400.8.8).
 Wildlife Management Areas (Del. Regulation 7.8.3.4.1).
 State Parks (Del. Regulation 7.9000.24.3, enforced by §4704(4)).

Which means the C & D canal property is off limits because that's all state park land correct?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 01:40:34 AM by 8thFA »
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 03:27:25 AM »
Yes, C&D Canal is off-limits for firearms. IIRC, there was a court ruling striking down the Corps of Enginneers edict but Canal is still off limits.  Don't know if DASAL case against state lands firearms restrictions includes C&D Canal. Will update if I find out more.

UPDATE:
8.3.4   Firearms on Division Areas.
8.3.4.2   It shall be unlawful for any person to possess a rifled firearm of any description at any time on those lands bordering the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal and licensed to the Department by the Government of the United States for wildlife management purposes, except that muzzleloaders and shotguns with rifle barrels may be used during deer seasons when it is lawful to use those firearms.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 06:32:54 PM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2016, 09:12:51 AM »
I have carried legally in both Valley Forge Historic park and Shenedoah NP. Just dont carry inside any buildings on NP property.
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member