Author Topic: News Journal Posting  (Read 5457 times)

choate25

News Journal Posting
« on: April 06, 2016, 03:32:10 PM »
Why do we have to wait 10 business days before posting? Is anyone actually checking this requirement is met? Has anyone filed before less than the required time slot?

29thInfantry

• Life Member
Re: News Journal Posting
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 03:40:31 PM »
The paper will send you a letter with the add attached saying that the requirement has been met you need to have this letter to send out your application for  your CCDW permit.
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

choate25

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 07:28:25 PM »
That's not what I was asking specifically. I was asking if you had to follow the "10 business day rule" (is this strictly enforced) or are there some individuals who did not follow this rule yet were approved to carry? For example, has anyone filed after 7 days of posting? Or will you be denied because a judge checked to see if you had posted ten days prior?

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 08:02:33 PM »
IIRC, the newspaper won't send the affidavit until the 10 days have elapsed.  Did you receive your affidavit earlier than that? I think that it worth the wait. Otherwise it could appear that you are trying to shortcut the rules when applying for a position of trust.

Instructions say:
- Have your application published once, at least (10) business days before the filing of your application.
- Obtain an affidavit from the newspaper company stating that this requirement has been met.
- Attach the newspaper company’s affidavit to your application.
http://courts.delaware.gov/forms/download.aspx?ID=33278
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 08:18:50 PM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Packing_Nine

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 08:41:55 PM »
I contacted the paper to run my ad on a Monday. The ad ran on Friday of that week. I had my affidavit from the paper in the mail three days later, the following Monday. So, in my case, I received the affidavit well before the ten days. Regardless, I waited ten days after the ad before I filed my application at the Prothonotary's office.

I imagine the ten day requirement is intended to give those who read the ads in the paper enough time to write a letter and send it to Superior Court / Office of the Prothonotary in the event they see you ad and have reason to suggest you should be denied.

choate25

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 11:33:34 PM »
I contacted the paper to run my ad on a Monday. The ad ran on Friday of that week. I had my affidavit from the paper in the mail three days later, the following Monday. So, in my case, I received the affidavit well before the ten days. Regardless, I waited ten days after the ad before I filed my application at the Prothonotary's office.

I imagine the ten day requirement is intended to give those who read the ads in the paper enough time to write a letter and send it to Superior Court / Office of the Prothonotary in the event they see you ad and have reason to suggest you should be denied.

I picked up my affidavit exactly one day after posting, and its been a few days since posting. I guess I will just go ahead and wait a little longer then.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 01:52:53 PM »
Good things come to those who wait.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun