Author Topic: FNG  (Read 6973 times)

SubjectZero

FNG
« on: April 06, 2016, 05:07:38 PM »
Hello everyone,

Been lurking the forums for a few months now, it's been a ton of help in getting me my CCW. I submitted everything in January and got my permit on March 10. I'm new to joining groups and organizations and am trying to be more active in the 2A community. Figured this site would be a good start.

29thInfantry

• Life Member
Re: FNG
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 05:15:43 PM »
Welcome to the best group on the net!!  I have left most of the other forums because of people either being a holes or just giving out wrong information.  You will find none of that here well you may get some very straight forward no BS answers.  That is about it
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Ladian

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 05:52:21 PM »
Welcome!
PA LTCF
DE CCDW
New Castle County

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 08:04:40 PM »
Congratulations.  Glad you "came out".

Please keep us up to date on your experiences, mode of carry and equipment. 

Also, what county?
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 08:13:14 PM »
Welcome, @subjectzero. We try to be courteous and cite the references supporting our statements.  Feel free to participate; it is helpful for everyone. CCDW is a place where what you don't know can hurt you bad, physically and financially. Read the discussions on liability insurance. If handgunlaw.us not on your reading list, it should be.  Jeff Cooper, Massad Ayoob, Rob Pincus and others are good sources.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 10:54:52 PM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

AudiQ

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 08:24:09 PM »
Welcome!
As a fellow FNG and former lurker, I can attest to the easy exchange of knowledge from the members. I too, am curious about your county of residence as I am on the clock from mid March in NCC.
Endeavor to persevere

greymas

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 10:32:38 PM »
Welcome! I'm looking forward to hearing about your experiences after getting your ccdw. I'm waiting on prints then will apply shortly after.

SubjectZero

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 03:56:57 PM »
Thanks for the welcome,

I live in Kent county. Overall, the experience was an interesting one, I did most of the work in two or three days, the only issue I had was the prothonotary. It wasn't even really an issue, one lady I dealt with was really nice and helpful, but the next was not having any of my shenanigans I guess. She was very short and really did not feel like interacting with me, but other than that, nothing interesting happened.

Welcome, @subjectzero. We try to be courteous and cite the references supporting our statements.  Feel free to participate; it is helpful for everyone. CCDW is a place where what you don't know can hurt you bad, physically and financially. Read the discussions on liability insurance. If handgunlaw.us not on your reading list, it should be.  Jeff Cooper, Massad Ayoob, Rob Pincus and others are good sources.

I definitely will, if only to sort of "pay it forward" because lurking these forums helped me immensely. Thank you for the sources.

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 09:02:26 PM »
Welcome and glad your permit application went fast. I wish NCCO was as fast. Been waiting since Feb. 8th and starting to worry they weren't kidding about 6 months. Nuts.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

greymas

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 01:37:50 AM »
they weren't kidding about 6 months. Nuts.
At what point do you contact them?

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2016, 01:46:09 AM »
they weren't kidding about 6 months. Nuts.
At what point do you contact them?

I would not bother to contact them just wait and be paitent.  Calling them sure isn't going to make the process go any faster
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Trapper

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2016, 01:47:19 AM »
Welcome and glad your permit application went fast. I wish NCCO was as fast. Been waiting since Feb. 8th and starting to worry they weren't kidding about 6 months. Nuts.
A good friend of mine submitted his application in NCC in the middle of January and got his back a couple of weeks ago. You should get some news soon.

I put my renewal in Jan 4th (Kent) and got it back today.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 01:51:35 AM by Trapper »
Esophageal Atresia Awareness

Model10Todd

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 05:05:26 PM »
Welcome and congratulations!
DECCW Permit Holder
FL & PA N/R Permit Holder
NRA Member
DSSA Member
New Castle County

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2016, 03:34:36 PM »
I'm just going to wait like everyone else did. I don't think calling will help.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer