Author Topic: New Permit: 54 Days (Kent County)  (Read 5524 times)

SubjectZero

New Permit: 54 Days (Kent County)
« on: April 07, 2016, 04:22:26 PM »
I received my CCW permit on March 10 after dropping all my paperwork off on January 15. Pretty glad about it too, have been carrying ever since!

Overall my process was pretty straight forward, but there really are far too many hoops to be had.

1) Since I reside in Kent County, I used The Guide and they were absolutely awesome, I told them what I was doing and she picked it up from there.
2) I went to the Blue Hen Corporate Center mid morning-ish on like a Wednesday and only waited there for about 25 minutes and got my finger-printing done
3) Been a Delaware resident for nearly 15 years, so the references were no issue
4) The prothonotary notarized my paperwork for free at the office
5) Got my passport photos at Rite Aid in Rodney Village
6) Before doing any of the aforementioned stuff, I took the CCDW course at Marino Tactical

The prothonotary's office most definitely was checking my ad affidavit because when I first went to submit my information around January 4th or 5th they said I had not met the 10 buisness day minimum because of holidays and such. I tried to sneak that in there and got shot down pretty quick. 

Oh, finding parking in the dead of winter near the courthouse in Dover is utterly hellacious, so needless to say I had to hike, which was annoying. That's how I'd sum up this whole process, it was a great annoyance and it definitely felt like I was getting nickled and dimed the entire time. Just saying, I could have bought another pistol or a decent holster for what this whole process cost. Again, annoying.

LostM

Re: New Permit: 54 Days (Kent County)
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 08:18:17 PM »
This is actually good information. I just need a few more references and I can submit mine ( moved from NJ-DE)

I appreciate your post
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 10:41:18 PM by LostM »

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 01:00:34 AM »
"That's how I'd sum up this whole process, it was a great annoyance and it definitely felt like I was getting nickled and dimed the entire time. Just saying, I could have bought another pistol or a decent holster for what this whole process cost. Again, annoying."

I totally agree, but after an year or so you will forget the pain while enjoying your new privileges,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Sinker

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 09:26:42 PM »
"That's how I'd sum up this whole process, it was a great annoyance and it definitely felt like I was getting nickled and dimed the entire time. Just saying, I could have bought another pistol or a decent holster for what this whole process cost. Again, annoying."

I totally agree, but after an year or so you will forget the pain while enjoying your new privileges,

Thus the pain; it's a right guaranteed by the Constitution, not a privilege.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 07:41:40 PM »
Kinda like the right to free unfettered travel (for non-commerce) guaranteed by the Constitution?

I actually met one individual here in DE who hasn't had a drivers license in nearly 20 years. He refuses to pay the fees and be on their registry. He does however carry auto insurance.

It's ballsy I'll give him that.