Author Topic: concealed carrier charged with murder in Montco, PA  (Read 9769 times)

8thFA

concealed carrier charged with murder in Montco, PA
« on: April 28, 2016, 10:59:02 PM »

This guy makes the rest of us look bad, and now someone is dead, this is a sad story that shouldn't have happened.

http://6abc.com/news/montco-church-member-charged-in-fatal-shooting/1313599/
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: concealed carrier charged with murder in Montco, PA
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 11:13:42 PM »
The worst kind of id10t...

Storms, who authorities say has no official function with the church or any history of law enforcement, approached Braxton and displayed a Concealed Weapons Permit badge. He then told Braxton he had to leave the sanctuary.
"The badge that defendant showed the victim was a permit to carry a concealed weapon that he seemingly purchased online," Steele said.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 11:14:27 PM »
The way I read it, he displayed a fake badge that indicated he had a CC permit. There is nothing that says he had a legitimate CCW permit.

8thFA

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 11:53:58 PM »
The way I read it, he displayed a fake badge that indicated he had a CC permit. There is nothing that says he had a legitimate CCW permit.
Another article quoted the DA as saying the shooter showed his concealed carry permit, so if he didn't have one they would have charged him for carrying a deadly weapon without a permit I would think.  He was charged with manslaughter and reckless endangerment. 

Sounds like he had it in some kind of badge holder like you may use at work, something on a lanyard maybe.  Definitely a few bricks short of a full load.  Another article said he had flashed his permit before during another altercation and the other guy walked away. 
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 12:02:23 AM »
Sounds like a fake CCDW "purchased online". Never heard of that.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 12:08:56 AM »
Another article quoted the DA as saying the shooter showed his concealed carry permit, so if he didn't have one they would have charged him for carrying a deadly weapon without a permit I would think.  He was charged with manslaughter and reckless endangerment. 

Sounds like he had it in some kind of badge holder like you may use at work, something on a lanyard maybe.  Definitely a few bricks short of a full load.  Another article said he had flashed his permit before during another altercation and the other guy walked away. 

That's the problem with the press. Multiple stories with different "facts".

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 12:30:46 AM »
I interpreted it as one of those "ccw permit" badges like this one here... the kind of thing that none of us would be caught dead carrying, let alone flashing in someone's face during a confrontation.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

8thFA

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 12:33:37 AM »
I interpreted it as one of those "ccw permit" badges like this one here... the kind of thing that none of us would be caught dead carrying, let alone flashing in someone's face during a confrontation.

wow... 
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 12:38:36 AM »

I was thinking the same

Rabbit

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2016, 08:38:36 PM »
We have discussed on this forum the whole CCW badge concept and reached a majority opinion that's it's a bad idea only for people who want to pretend to be cops.

http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=1496.0

ThePixelated

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2016, 01:07:10 AM »
It was right to bring charges against this guy. He wasn't legally licensed to carry concealed. genius.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2016, 07:39:42 AM »
argh.. wish those 'badges' were illegal! I had a friend whose anti-gun comment to me that a ccw permit holder shot and killed the guy. Attempting to explain that the shooter was NOT a permit holder but rather had simply purchased a worthless fake badge online to them was impossible. "but but the guy had a CWP Badge permit" they kept saying... SMH.  ::)

Rabbit

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2016, 01:15:59 PM »
The news never said he doesn't have a CCW permit, they said he displayed a CCW badge. He could still have possessed a CCW permit.

I don't know of any CCW process that has a mechanism designed to keep tools/idiots/dumba$$es out of the app process.

8thFA

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2016, 11:19:05 PM »
The news never said he doesn't have a CCW permit, they said he displayed a CCW badge. He could still have possessed a CCW permit.

I don't know of any CCW process that has a mechanism designed to keep tools/idiots/dumba$$es out of the app process.

True statement, brilliant people can still buy guns and get permits...
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2016, 03:58:43 PM »

The point I was trying to make, was we all know that "the badge" doesn't indicate whether or not you have a legal CCW permit. The news story made it sound like he did. If he doesn't have one do you really think they will come back and correct the story? Regardless of the badge, and whether it's true or false, everyone things a guy with a CCW killed the man.