State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

concealed carrier charged with murder in Montco, PA

<< < (2/5) > >>

NormH3:

--- Quote from: 8thFA on April 28, 2016, 11:53:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: NormH3 on April 28, 2016, 11:14:27 PM ---The way I read it, he displayed a fake badge that indicated he had a CC permit. There is nothing that says he had a legitimate CCW permit.

--- End quote ---
Another article quoted the DA as saying the shooter showed his concealed carry permit, so if he didn't have one they would have charged him for carrying a deadly weapon without a permit I would think.  He was charged with manslaughter and reckless endangerment. 

Sounds like he had it in some kind of badge holder like you may use at work, something on a lanyard maybe.  Definitely a few bricks short of a full load.  Another article said he had flashed his permit before during another altercation and the other guy walked away. 

--- End quote ---

That's the problem with the press. Multiple stories with different "facts".

oldgraygeek:
I interpreted it as one of those "ccw permit" badges like this one here... the kind of thing that none of us would be caught dead carrying, let alone flashing in someone's face during a confrontation.

8thFA:

--- Quote from: oldgraygeek on April 29, 2016, 12:30:46 AM ---I interpreted it as one of those "ccw permit" badges like this one here... the kind of thing that none of us would be caught dead carrying, let alone flashing in someone's face during a confrontation.

--- End quote ---

wow... 

NormH3:

--- Quote from: oldgraygeek on April 29, 2016, 12:30:46 AM ---I interpreted it as one of those "ccw permit" badges like this one here... the kind of thing that none of us would be caught dead carrying, let alone flashing in someone's face during a confrontation.

--- End quote ---

I was thinking the same

Rabbit:
We have discussed on this forum the whole CCW badge concept and reached a majority opinion that's it's a bad idea only for people who want to pretend to be cops.

http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=1496.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version