Author Topic: Is StealthGear worth the wait?  (Read 9974 times)

greymas

Is StealthGear worth the wait?
« on: April 29, 2016, 12:51:32 PM »
I ordered a StealthGear Onyx IWB holster the beginning of April and see my order is still unfulfilled. They state that their goal is to have the order ready within 45 days of order. With all of the options available for holsters, is StealthGear worth the wait? I'm not in a hurray for the holster since I don't have a permit yet, but 45 days seems like a long time for a common pistol like a G19.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 02:51:36 PM by greymas »

29thInfantry

• Life Member
Re: Is StealGear worth the wait?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 01:17:29 PM »
I own 2 of their holsters so yes they are well worth the wait.  Extremely comfortable no breakin time like there is with leather holsters and no squeak when you move around. I just ordered a third one for my new FNH FNS 40C.  Not to mention thier customer service is second to none John will always get back to you very quickly with any questions  you may have.  Last I checked it was a 3 week lead time.  Keep in mind they make all thier holsters to order.  You will not be disapointed when you get it
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

greymas

Re: Is StealthGear worth the wait?
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 02:57:38 PM »
Good to hear. I have a Crossbreed made from Horsehide. The thing is incredibly comfortable and conceals very well, but the squeaking noise it makes is very loud. It's fine when I tuck in my shirt. I imagine that is not an issue with the material Stealthgear is made out of. 
I've been considering Appendix carry since it looks like its better for concealment, but just have a hard time getting past pointing the muzzle at something I really really really don't wish to destroy.   ;D

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 03:40:55 PM »
Good to hear. I have a Crossbreed made from Horsehide. The thing is incredibly comfortable and conceals very well, but the squeaking noise it makes is very loud. It's fine when I tuck in my shirt. I imagine that is not an issue with the material Stealthgear is made out of. 
I've been considering Appendix carry since it looks like its better for concealment, but just have a hard time getting past pointing the muzzle at something I really really really don't wish to destroy.   ;D

The stealthgear is definitely more comfortable and without the squeek.  I also have the appendix carry version that I sometimes use in the 3oclock position. I too do not want the muzzle pointed at my twigs and berries.  The stealthgear holster is my go to I sold the rest of them. 
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

SteveMiller

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 10:44:57 PM »
I have 2 also and love them!
Steve Miller
DSSA
NRA Life Member
Gun Owners of America

8thFA

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 12:51:12 AM »
Yes it is!  Got a stealthgear Onyx holster and a IWB mag carrier.  Well worth the wait and price!!!
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

Landmgr

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 01:05:34 AM »
Like everyone has mentioned, it's worth the wait. I've been carrying my G19 in an onyx holster everyday all day for 6 months straight, and love it. Can't beat the customer service or warranty. It could possibly be the last holster you ever buy.  I work a pretty physical job, bending over, hiking up and down hills, and using equipment. This holster makes it easy to carry, and conceals the G19 pretty good. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a quality holster. Custom made to fit the gun. 

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 06:32:57 PM »
I guess that depends on the person. Personally I don't ever see myself ordering a holster and waiting a month or more before I get it. Just not gonna happen. Lots of quality holsters that work right out of the package. Most of mine are from Comp-Tac and I've yet to wait longer then a week for delivery.

greymas

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 01:44:24 AM »
Most of mine are from Comp-Tac and I've yet to wait longer then a week for delivery.
Good to know incase I ever make the switch to appendix carry and find the wait wasn't worth it.

8thFA

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 04:26:07 PM »
I guess that depends on the person. Personally I don't ever see myself ordering a holster and waiting a month or more before I get it. Just not gonna happen. Lots of quality holsters that work right out of the package. Most of mine are from Comp-Tac and I've yet to wait longer then a week for delivery.

Yeah, I can understand that being an issue.  In my case I ordered it a week or two after I submitted my permit, and it came in the week before, so it wasn't a big deal. 
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2016, 07:29:13 AM »
Most of mine are from Comp-Tac and I've yet to wait longer then a week for delivery.
Good to know incase I ever make the switch to appendix carry and find the wait wasn't worth it.

Just to be clear.. I don't appendix carry.. 3:00 in an MTAC for any firearm I carry.

greymas

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2016, 07:44:14 PM »
Received my StealthGear holster the other day. It feels really nice and holds my G19 in really tight. Worth the wait for sure.

8thFA

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2016, 08:30:00 PM »
Received my StealthGear holster the other day. It feels really nice and holds my G19 in really tight. Worth the wait for sure.
I just started using an alien gear cloak tuck 3.0 for the new LC380 I bought for a summer concealed gun and it's nice, but it's not as nice as my stealthgear Onyx that I use for my XDM.  The onyx definitely "breaths" more and it's a bit more comfortable.  Glad you like your stealthgear, knew you would.  :)
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

Landmgr

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2016, 12:35:42 AM »
Glad you like it. I knew it was worth the wait. Carry my G19 in it everyday.