Author Topic: New member - just filled in Kent  (Read 10638 times)

thisislikelyanalias

New member - just filled in Kent
« on: May 01, 2016, 03:25:29 AM »
Hello,

I live in Kent County. Just filed my CCW (or whatever DE calls them lol) this past week. Took a class through MarinoTactical back in February. Hoping I do not run into any snags with Delaware's "system" - which is why I've put off filing for one since I moved back here in 2013. Can't stand feeling naked anymore not carrying so I went through with it.

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
Re: New member - just filled in Kent
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 07:28:26 AM »
Welcome. Reading the post, Kent County seems pretty fast. Good luck and keep an eye on your mailbox! :)
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 03:09:34 PM »
Welcome to the group..
New Castle County

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 03:19:20 PM »
Welcome aboard & enjoy the forum.
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association

8thFA

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 05:22:01 PM »
Welcome aboard!
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

thisislikelyanalias

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 06:56:43 AM »
Thanks all for the welcomes.

Question (as I've seen posts that suggest such) does Delaware still even require 5 references you've known for 5 years within your county? The instructions and forms I printed when doing my paperwork no longer said anything about knowing them 5 years. My references are people from Kent and all. Just figured someone with more info could clarify that for future applicants.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 06:59:22 AM by thisislikelyanalias »

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 09:31:06 AM »
Doesn't say 5 years, does require your witnesses to be from the county you apply in.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 05:56:47 AM »
It was suggested to me that I had known the reference for at least 5 years they are supposed to be a witness to your character not that I have ever heard of any of them being called. I know mine were not and a few others that I have been a reference for and have never once been called.  Welcome to the group.
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 11:01:30 AM »
Welcome, good luck!!
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

thisislikelyanalias

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 01:03:34 PM »
Update for all if anyone was wondering; still waiting. On the 18th or 19th of May I had to go into the prothonotary office in Dover due to forgetting to have my application notarized. Still waiting. No phone calls or letters.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2016, 03:41:19 PM »
As I've said before, you must sign application in front of the clerk at the Prothonatary Office or they cannot notarize it. But they will notarize your paperwork if they see you sign it there.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

thisislikelyanalias

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2016, 10:22:08 PM »
As I've said before, you must sign application in front of the clerk at the Prothonatary Office or they cannot notarize it. But they will notarize your paperwork if they see you sign it there.

Indeed. I did take care of it with them. It's just been 3 months lol.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2016, 07:23:30 AM »
Welcome and hopefully not much longer. Our original applications we simply signed at the bank and notoized there before overnighting it to the prothanary office. For our renewals we went in and did it in person. We had only known our neighbors for about 1 year when we submitted our references. Really didn't know any of them aside from saying polite Hellos on the street. I hit them all up at the streets New Years Party and had numerous references to use lol  ;D

thisislikelyanalias

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2016, 01:48:22 PM »
Just an update for all; I ran out of patience and call the Prothonotary office in Kent County.

The very nice lady stated they are just now starting to get to applications filed in early April. Not sure how true it is but given I'm about at 5 months wait I assume its true.

Grettski

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2016, 02:56:06 PM »
Just an update for all; I ran out of patience and call the Prothonotary office in Kent County.

The very nice lady stated they are just now starting to get to applications filed in early April. Not sure how true it is but given I'm about at 5 months wait I assume its true.

Incredible......smh.... If I got my 3 year permit today it would only be good for 2.5 years. At this rate I'll have to file for a renewal before I get my first.
USAF Retired