Author Topic: South Carolina  (Read 2469 times)

Hurdy1

South Carolina
« on: May 03, 2016, 08:24:39 PM »
I have to travel to FLA, and was wondering if I am reading the laws correctly. I have my Delaware permit, Utah, and waiting on Florida. When I get to South Carolina do I have to take it off and lock it up? Any advice into this inquiry would be greatly appreciated.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: South Carolina
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 11:44:16 PM »
Depends on if you stop in SC or drive thru. In most states, because of the Federal Firearms Transport Act, you can lock it in the trunk or tool box (truck) unloaded, and lock the ammo in glove box and be ok. Main thing is not to get stopped speeding or doing anything to get stopped. I believe you are allowed to take it locked up in to a motel room. I side on a no SC stop drive thru.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 12:37:19 AM »
I agree with SR...have driven thru SC....lock up em and don't stop...

I drive thru MD on the way to WV and do the same thing...sometimes go out of the way thru PA so I don't have too...

New Castle County

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 12:59:44 AM »
Actually in South Carolina you may carry loaded in a closed glove box or console without a license. 

If you stay in a motel you may carry concealed from the car to the room.  Otherwise you may not carry.

The bizarre thing about South Carolina is that any and all open carry is illegal.

South Carolina has very poor reciprocity. It does not recognize any non resident licenses and only issues its own non resident license to property owners.

South Carolina actually had a handgun ban from 1902 to 1966.

For a southern state it has poor gun laws.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.