Author Topic: What do you carry? Other than firearm  (Read 11597 times)

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: What do you carry? Other than firearm
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2016, 02:05:46 PM »
In summertime I carry a spare mag for my P232, Thrunite Ti flashlight on my key ring (162 lumen), and a pocketknife ranging from large (Chris Reeve Sebenza 21) to small traditional (Great Eastern Cutlery) in a leather pocket slip.
New Castle County

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2017, 01:37:10 PM »
My EDC currently consists of either my Sig P229 15+1 in the gun and two spare 15 round mags on the off side, or my Walther PPS with 7+1 in the gun and two spare 7 round mags on the off side; my Benchmade 943; car keys; credentials; money clip; and my cell phone.  The Sig is my go to concealed carry piece the majority of the time, but when more tailored or lighter weight clothing is the order of the day, the Walther gets the nod.   

greymas

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2017, 03:16:32 PM »
My EDC currently consists of either my Sig P229 15+1 in the gun and two spare 15 round mags on the off side,... 

I recently purchased a Sig P229C in 9mm. So far I found it not able to consistently cycle when I have 15 rounds in the magazine. When I insert a 15 round mag into the empty gun with the slide closed, it's almost impossible to rack the slide to load a round due to the extremely tight spring. One mag I've left loaded seems to have eased up a bit, but I'll need more range time before I can rely on having 15 in the mag and 1 in the chamber. Did you find this was the case with your new magazines?

What is your holster setup? I carry AIWB and have and picked up an IWB mag carry but the combination of the two seems to print way too much for my liking. I really would like to figure out a way to carry an extra mag in event of a mag failure.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2017, 08:19:28 PM »
… but when more tailored or lighter weight clothing is the order of the day, the Walther gets the nod.   
"My name is Winkman, Marc Winkman"
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2017, 09:49:44 PM »
Like this 🔝 👌🏻
New Castle County

topper

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2017, 08:32:01 PM »
I just got a new EDC bag so I've repacked some things. I've consolidated some of my jeep stuff that I'd take trail riding and camping.

I put the fire extinguisher in a compartment in my jeep instead of buried in a bag in the back. In my EDC I carry a box of girl scout cookies while its cool outside, a head lamp and a flashlight, a Swiss army knife, a first aid kit for me, and a pet first aid kit for my dog. (I take her on a lot of trail walks and camping.) Clean underwear and clean wipes for other "emergencies", (kind of important at my age) a blanket and 2 plastic ponchos. I have a Glock 26 on me and a neat little pocket knife that has a widow breaker, seatbelt cutter and a small triple A battery flashlight on it. I keep a spare mag in my jeep till I get my new holster that carries an extra mag.

I may ad a kitchen sink, but not sure what color I want yet.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2017, 04:22:46 PM »
Like this 🔝 👌🏻

LOL!  That never even crossed my mind!

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2017, 04:32:29 PM »
My EDC currently consists of either my Sig P229 15+1 in the gun and two spare 15 round mags on the off side,... 

I recently purchased a Sig P229C in 9mm. So far I found it not able to consistently cycle when I have 15 rounds in the magazine. When I insert a 15 round mag into the empty gun with the slide closed, it's almost impossible to rack the slide to load a round due to the extremely tight spring. One mag I've left loaded seems to have eased up a bit, but I'll need more range time before I can rely on having 15 in the mag and 1 in the chamber. Did you find this was the case with your new magazines?

What is your holster setup? I carry AIWB and have and picked up an IWB mag carry but the combination of the two seems to print way too much for my liking. I really would like to figure out a way to carry an extra mag in event of a mag failure.

I haven't had any issues with my P229 since I bought it back in September.  That said, the mags are a little stiff to load to the full 15 round capacity and seating them with the slide in battery does take a good firm push.  In terms of racking the slide to load from battery with a fully loaded mag, I do notice that a little bit as well, but an easy way around it is to manually pull the hammer back before racking the slide.  Not having to overcome the mainspring tension makes a big difference. 

My holster for the P229 is a Blackpoint Tactical Mini Wing IWB holster and I carry the mags in Blackpoint Tactical Modular Accessory Pouches (MAPs).  The former is great because it's very flexible in terms of where you can position the gun, and the latter is great because it's a very nice low profile option due to the way that the pouches are curved to follow the contour of your waist line.