Author Topic: Alien Gear Holster mini review ...  (Read 5320 times)

dres79

Alien Gear Holster mini review ...
« on: May 08, 2016, 01:47:36 PM »
So figured since i wandered around this site for so long and got some very useful information id share my experience with the Alien Gear Holster as a thank you to this community.  I know that web purchasing can be very hit or miss.  So for anyone that is up in the air about this company/product or just looking for a ( in my opinion) good holster, here goes my .02!

I originally purchased this for my Glock 30S with the intent of that being my CC.  Life got in the way and i wasn't able to apply for the permit back then, so the holster sat in the closet for about a year. 
Some time passed and i ended up replacing the 30S for a Glock43.  One VERY positive thing about this company is you get shell trades FREE for life.  Needless to say i was able to take advantage of that soon as i submitted for my CC earlier this year.  And even though it had been a little over a year, no receipt, I called and was told "return the old shell, soon as we receive we will send out the trade".  The guy told me process would take about two weeks.  3 weeks later i received my trade for the 43. 

So yesterday was the first full day that I carried with this holster to the Christiana Mall. 
My gf drives an ATS so getting in and out of that for me is sometimes a chore.  With the holster it felt no different.  After getting in the car and adjusting the seat,  you can feel that it's there but wasn't stabbing me in the back.  Off to the mall about a 25 min drive, didn't feel uncomfortable at all.  I can't imagine my Silverado seats feeling any different if not better, but I can post on that later.
Walked around the mall for about 4hrs with a break for lunch, and tried on some pants at different stores.  I have to say this is a very comfortable holster.  I couldn't say that I "forgot it was there" but not once did I feel uncomfortable.  The couple times that I tried on pants the gun stayed in placed.  Retention is great but still gun comes out with little effort.  After some other stops at different stores in and out of the car still no problem or any complaints about comfort.  When i took the holster off at the end of the day it was a little moist from sweat but never penetrated to the gun.  Over all I am very happy with this purchase and would recommend it to anyone looking for a comfortable and in my opinion well priced holster.

Another plus with this company is I can purchase additional shells for only $12 for my other Glocks.  But after my experiences with it I may just buy the newer version Cloak Tuck 3.0 since you really can't beat the price.   

Again this is basically still a new holster so time will tell, but for now comfort, accessibility, styling are all there.

Again this is my opinion only.  I am not an expert or affiliated with the company in any way.  I just know that when i purchased it i went with price in mind and it paid off!

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
Re: Alien Gear Holster mini review ...
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 05:37:39 PM »
It's nice reading reviews on items we all need and buy. I appreciate it dres79 and own a Glock 43 myself. I'm shopping a holster and know holsters take time to break in. Have a few of them. I find as long as I'm not getting pinched inserting my pistol, it will end up wearing and breaking in well. Free shell trade is awesome and a great selling point. I'm like those who grew up in the great depression, I don't get rid of anything lol.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

Blackwolf69

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 12:37:47 AM »
I have the cloak tuck 3.0 for both my glock 23 and 43 and i had issues with the clips one email and new clips were sent free of charge.

dres79

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 01:28:29 AM »
I have the cloak tuck 3.0 for both my glock 23 and 43 and i had issues with the clips one email and new clips were sent free of charge.

Yeah i was very impressed with the customer service speed and responses.