Author Topic: Armed robbery at Glasgow park  (Read 6446 times)

8thFA

Armed robbery at Glasgow park
« on: May 10, 2016, 04:07:35 PM »
This makes me burn.  You can't carry in any county or state parks, I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often.

http://www.wdel.com/story/74931-glasgow-park-robbery-allegedly-pulled-off-at-gunpoint
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

PPScarry

• Life Member
  • del ccdw license holder - NRA member
Re: Armed robbery at Glasgow park
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 04:12:33 PM »

I have to say the victim was an excellent witness at least and had a great description of the bad guy. I'd imagine that's hard to do after being traumatized.
"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
 American Lexicographer

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 04:57:58 PM »
Actually you can carry in a county park. The regulation that was passed some years ago is not "legal". Newark just removed theirs from the books for the same reason. It's my understanding that some folks have OC'd at Glasgow even when there was a police presence.

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 10:14:20 PM »
Way too close to home for me
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

8thFA

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 01:28:05 AM »
Actually you can carry in a county park. The regulation that was passed some years ago is not "legal". Newark just removed theirs from the books for the same reason. It's my understanding that some folks have OC'd at Glasgow even when there was a police presence.
Really, in a new castle county park, I thought that was still illegal?  I know they lifted the Newark ban.
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 02:37:51 AM »
Apparently they know the law is illegal but arrogantly keep it on the books. Was passed after 1985 so is flat out illegal.

The other issue is the 2014 state supreame court ruling would also make the county law illegal.

Dover had a grandfathered open carry law but it was repealed last year specificly because of the state Supreme Court ruling.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 04:30:47 AM »
Really, in a new castle county park, I thought that was still illegal?  I know they lifted the Newark ban.

So did I
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 01:04:47 PM »

Yes the law is still on the books, but is not enforceable.

8thFA

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2016, 04:22:38 PM »

Yes the law is still on the books, but is not enforceable.

I know NCC was supposed to revisit the issues years ago and never did.  Any of you guys carry in NCC parks?
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 04:44:15 PM »
Time to write our council members...again.

Ladian

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2016, 01:41:13 AM »
I agree. We should push this  :)
PA LTCF
DE CCDW
New Castle County

JonathanG

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2016, 03:44:42 AM »
Let them arrest a few folks and get hit with civil suits. It's the only way they will learn that they have to follow State law just as mere citizens have to follow State law.

ThePixelated

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 09:00:21 PM »
Whoever handles the Twitter feed for NCC wasn't too fond of my sarcasm...  ;D