Author Topic: Renew after Expired  (Read 11867 times)

Condition 1

• Life Member
Renew after Expired
« on: May 28, 2016, 12:44:35 AM »
I didn't have time to submit my application, anything special I need to do to submit after expiration?

MarkB

• Life Member
Re: Renew after Expired
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 01:15:45 AM »
If you expire this year, you have until Tuesday, May 31, to submit your renewal on time. 
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 02:40:29 AM »
If you can't get it there Monday, give Dale Broom or Sharon Agnew a call at the prothonotary office (NCC) and ask them directly. 255-0690.
New Castle County

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 11:48:35 AM »
I would get up there on Tuesday.  Not sure if they will cut you a break, but it looks like you would have to start from scratch:
Fingerprints
Newspaper
References

DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 11:53:08 AM »
If you go to the post office today, it would be post marked and they would get it Tuesday.  If you can't get there in person.

All you need is application 2 copies , photo (2) , check for payment.  Application must be notarized.

I know someone who missed it and they had to start from scratch.  

If for some reason you do not get it in by close of business Tuesday, understand that the exemption for filing will not apply and you will be committing a felony if you carry concealed after that date. 

If you get it notarized this morning and mail it off ( at the post office) them make certain to keep a copy of the notarized application with you. 
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 12:52:58 PM by Clarence »

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 09:16:41 PM »
Do you know if I can get notarized at the protonotary's office?

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 09:57:47 PM »
Do you know if I can get notarized at the protonotary's office?

Yes. Every time I've submitted in person, they have notarized it.

I've stayed out of this so far, mainly because I didn't have much to add... but here's my two cents:
Call in sick, do whatever you have to do, but get that stuff down there on Tuesday.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2016, 04:15:08 AM »
Wife and I went in and did this last week. In and out in 5 minutes and they even gave our son a lollipop!  ;D Yes they will notarize there at no additional charge. They also have a photocopier there as well though we brought both copies we needed. Both the ladies behind the glass were friendly and even started joking about people always stealing their pens which of course you know.. The courthouse! Lol

Side note.. I got dinged at security due to my keys and the carabiner clip I carry them on. Guard said it could be used as a weapon to strike someone with and proceeded to put them on his fist and take a fake jab at me. I laughed asking if I could take one at him then I asked about my keys and he said those would be ok. I then asked if he had ever seen the aftermath of keys used in a fist fight. This actually caught him off guard and it clicked. This was all done and talked about with a bit of humor and smiling.. Not just being a wiseass. I ran the carabiner back to the car just up the street on 6th iirc and when I got back he actually continued our conversation for a couple more minutes. All 4 of the guards were super fun and easy to talk to.

So.. Don't take anything in that you do not actually need with you.

Also, no cell phones are permitted inside the building. Wife read this online so we knew to leave them but it's also posted outside the doors to the building.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2016, 04:18:15 AM »
Didn't someone last year forget? Iirc they went in the following week after it expired and lucked in with the renewal being good enough. They were away or something.

Don't think I'd want to have to reapply! I agree with OGG and I'd be in there Tuesday for sure.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2016, 04:24:25 AM »
As of Tuesday last week we were told renewals could be expected within 8-10 weeks.

Yeah third post..  ;D

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2016, 03:11:43 PM »
Thanks everyone, you guys are always very helpful. Have a great Memorial Day, may God bless our troops and their loved ones.

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2016, 11:29:36 PM »
A buddy of mine was about 2 weeks late for his last year and they accepted his renewal application.
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2016, 11:03:54 AM »
Just wondering how you made out?

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2016, 11:26:16 PM »
C1 how did you make out?

That's why I posted http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=4300.0
To get everyone to look at them and their expiration date.  Will have to do
it again 1/1/17.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

merlin51

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2016, 11:17:40 PM »
 My son let his expire last year. The girls at the court house just had him re apply as if he was on time and just site back and weight. It took 24 weeks to get his renewed permit back.
                                         merlin51