Author Topic: professioal state firemen  (Read 3281 times)

Richie

professioal state firemen
« on: July 02, 2016, 12:49:03 PM »
I had a professional firefighter here in DE tell me that they receive a permit that allows them to conceal carry in all states. Does anyone know if that is true? Just doesn't sound right to me.

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
Re: professioal state firemen
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 01:51:50 PM »
I really doubt this story. There were problems with LEOSA before it was signed into law by Pres.Bush. Again I just cannot believe this and I am not casting any disrespect for firefighters. My question is that they do not have carry rights in numerous states so how could they get these rights nationally. Richie I think this firefighter was just blowing smoke up your keister. Pun intended.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 07:38:59 PM by RetCapt1994 »
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 03:53:55 PM »
Maybe he qualifies under 18 USC 926B
But methinks not.  Unless firemen can qualify for arrest powers and are authorized by their agency to carry firearms.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 06:19:09 PM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Etrier

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 04:38:43 PM »
I know of at least one case were a Wilmington Firefighter is assigned to the Wilmington Fire Marshals Office and as part of the training and duties went to the police academy.  Assignment to the fire marshals office can change and a it is possible that a previously qualified firefighter/LEO acting as a part of the fire marshals office would be transferred to an engine or ladder company and still have all the privilege extended to an active or retired LEO.  In general though professional (full time paid firefighters) have the same CCW permit that you and I have. 
Kydex Holster Maker

Rabbit

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 04:41:49 PM »
A few Wilmington fire fighters go through the WPD academy to do code enforcement through the firemarshals office. It's my understanding that while doing code enforcement the have full law enforcement powers, that should satisfy 18 USC 926B.

Rabbit

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 04:44:29 PM »
Look like Etrier beet me to the punch

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 05:56:15 PM »
I know a FM code enforcement officer and he open carries.  Do not believe he is permitted to conceal.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.