Author Topic: Renew after Expired  (Read 11958 times)

Condition 1

• Life Member
Re: Renew after Expired
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2016, 12:29:16 AM »
Sorry for the late update, I did make to the prothonotary's office the last day before expired. Also, FYI, I asked them if had expired if I had to go through all over as if applying first time and the answer was no, after expiration one can still reapply for renewal.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2016, 04:16:54 PM »
Sorry for the late update, I did make to the prothonotary's office the last day before expired. Also, FYI, I asked them if had expired if I had to go through all over as if applying first time and the answer was no, after expiration one can still reapply for renewal.

That's quite awesome, however.. I'll let someone else test that one out!

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2016, 02:28:51 PM »
I'm not sure if anyone posted this but I was late getting in my renewal as well and they asked that a letter be included as to why your renewal is late.
This is in Kent County by the way but I'm sure other Counties are the same.
I didn't care as I was happy to not have to go through the whole process again  ;D
It will be a while before I see it, as the woman told me they just got March renewls back  :'(
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 12:19:47 AM by joep19934 »
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2016, 10:51:13 PM »
My check for my renewal was cashed, not sure that's a bad thing  :o  ;D 
I don't expect it anytime soon since it was submitted late  ::)  :o
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association

SweetPete

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2016, 01:32:49 PM »
Mine was expired for more than a few weeks due to certain circumstances. I wrote and mailed the Judge a letter and was told I would have to go through the application process all over again due to the length of time that had passed. I was not required to retake the firearms safety course though. I'm pretty sure there is a grace period for expired permits, but not sure what the length of time is. I do appreciate the Judge's consideration and quick response. Even though it wasn't the response I would have liked to have heard, it is what I expected. No big deal though.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2016, 09:46:20 PM »
... I was not required to retake the firearms safety course though...
Did they say that this was specific to you or is it an exception for all expired permit holders?
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

SweetPete

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2016, 03:43:41 PM »
I had the feeling that they would renew after the expiration date, as some in this thread have posted. Mine was expired for months though. The Prothonotary Office suggested I write the judge. He said that due to the excessive amount of time that had lapsed, I would have to redo the process. That was in April, I believe. Still waiting.

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2016, 06:02:23 PM »
Delivered to the prothonotary's office on May 31st, received today. One month without carrying it, not too bad.