Author Topic: doj letter  (Read 10033 times)

GLOCK23

doj letter
« on: February 14, 2009, 09:44:04 PM »
hello guys...after about 10 weeks of waiting i got my letter from the doj...they have no position on the issuance of the license...i just have to wait on the court to make their decision ... to my understanding that takes about 3 weeks...i am wondering if i should do the class now or wait untill i get the letter from the court..thanks

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
Re: doj letter
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 09:53:32 PM »
I took the class when I recieved the DOJ letter but I applied for the permit due to business needs and figured I was a shoe in. I would have taken the course anyway. I would say to let the scheduling answer for you. If they can do it at your convience than maybe wait untill you get the AG letter. If your looking at having to wait for them than I would say take it. The DOJ letter is a pretty good sign that you will get it but you don't know. You have 90 days to get the course and you paperwork back in after you get the AG letter so you do have time.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 01:09:11 PM »
You should be good to take the class if the DOJ doesnt have a problem with you getting a permit then usually the Judge won't either.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 12:03:51 PM »
Ok, haven't turned in my paper work for the permit yet (didnt think i was supposed to until I take the class?!) 

Someone please clue me in.  If I take the class before I turn in my paper work, will it still be valid?  I have my paper work, but for some reason I was under the impression that it didnt matter / I was supposed to take the class. 

Guess I'm just wasting time by not turning my paper work in.  DOH!

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 12:35:28 PM »
Turn in your paper work. Your really suposed to wait till your approved before you take the class but as long as the DOJ isn't against you being issued a permit you can take your class after you receive your letter from the DOJ
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Taurus221

• NRA member
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 12:06:42 AM »
Moosie, you are fine to turn your paperwork in. The Proth will tell you  that you have so many days to get your class. You're probably good to take the class now too.
I would rather have a NRA member in front of me than a Brady member behind me.