State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

Licenced Concealed Carrier shot to death after notifying that he was carrying

(1/5) > >>

Clarence:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/07/07/minn-cop-fatally-shoots-man-during-traffic-stop-aftermath-broadcast-on-facebook/

We don't have both sides of this yet but at a minimum shows why informing a police officer that you are armed may be a bad idea. Best to stay quiet  unless you have to exit the vehicle.  Otherwise just sign for the ticket thank the officer and leave respectfully.  If asked to get out, i would put up my hands, inform that I have a license and tell the officer where the gun is.

By the way Minnesota does not require notifying the officer if you are carrying.   ( Duty to inform)

SturmRugerSR9:
Best thing to do in these cases is to wait until the investigation is over. Making judgement based on TV news and Internet blurbs is not an smart move.

Clarence:

--- Quote from: SturmRugerSR9 on July 07, 2016, 10:59:01 PM ---Best thing to do in these cases is to wait until the investigation is over. Making judgement based on TV news and Internet blurbs is not an smart move.

--- End quote ---
I agree as far as if this was a justifiable shooting.  

As for police shootings, actually more whites than blacks are shot by the police. See the attached:
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/07/study_cops_kill_more_whites_than_blacks_but_minority_deaths_generate_more_coverage.html

Just Bill:
Some states require that you tell the officer you are carrying, Del does not.  It is our obligation to know other state laws when we are traveling and carrying.  For instance, NEVER, EVER,  go to Jersey with a gun and/or hollow points.

Bill

Hawkeye:
I will wait for the final report before passing judgment. At a minimum this is a public relations nightmare for the police department. I believe that if you are in a state that requires you to notify them that you are carrying a weapon that you should tell them but do so intelligently. Tell them you are legally carrying a firearm and without moving and with your hands in plain sight, ask them what they want you to do. Simple.  I also believe that you should not use the word “gun” because as you are telling the officer at your window that you have a “gun,” the officer that you did not see on the passenger side might only hear that one word and overreact. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version