State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

Licenced Concealed Carrier shot to death after notifying that he was carrying

<< < (2/5) > >>

Hawkeye:
A couple of unanswered points. Has any state official confirmed this guy had a permit?
The girl claims they were pulled over for a broken tail light but pictures of the crime scene taken after darkness fell show both tail lights in seemingly good order. I am waiting for the police to release their version of this story.

CorBon:

--- Quote from: Hawkeye on July 08, 2016, 04:50:27 PM ---A couple of unanswered points. Has any state official confirmed this guy had a permit?
The girl claims they were pulled over for a broken tail light but pictures of the crime scene taken after darkness fell show both tail lights in seemingly good order. I am waiting for the police to release their version of this story.

--- End quote ---
Growing up watching Speed Racer, it was possible to be left with the impression that if your car ran out of oil -- it blew up.  Now, we hear about broken tail lights -- and you have to worry about getting dragged out of your car and beaten, or shot to death.

Cbmarine:
A couple of observations/questions on this tragic incident.
1. The posted video starts after the shooting but it is likely that the recording started at the beginning of the traffic stop in anticipation of some newsworthy incident which is understandable.
2. According to handgunlaw.us, the MN law requires the permit holder to produce the permit on demand by the LEO. Is this where the incident escalated?
3. Isn't it SOP for the policeman to run your license number before approaching the vehicle? Was there a negative flag here causing the cop to be on edge?
4. As an old white guy, I have always made sure my hands are clearly in view when dealing with the police. Given the range of outcomes resulting from any traffic stop, I understand that the LEO could transition from Condition Yellow to Condition Red rapidly without pausing in Condition Orange.  Putting forth the effort to keep the LEO in Condition Yellow is a no-brainer.

SturmRugerSR9:
What you need to know:

(1)The investigation is not over

(2) The evidence is unknown at this point

(3) Matters as this, tried in the public domain are usually wrong

(4) Only the Courts may determine the outcome

oldgraygeek:

--- Quote from: Cbmarine on July 08, 2016, 10:26:55 PM ---A couple of observations/questions on this tragic incident.
1. The posted video starts after the shooting but it is likely that the recording started at the beginning of the traffic stop in anticipation of some newsworthy incident which is understandable.
2. According to handgunlaw.us, the MN law requires the permit holder to produce the permit on demand by the LEO. Is this where the incident escalated?
3. Isn't it SOP for the policeman to run your license number before approaching the vehicle? Was there a negative flag here causing the cop to be on edge?
4. As an old white guy, I have always made sure my hands are clearly in view when dealing with the police. Given the range of outcomes resulting from any traffic stop, I understand that the LEO could transition from Condition Yellow to Condition Red rapidly without pausing in Condition Orange.  Putting forth the effort to keep the LEO in Condition Yellow is a no-brainer.

--- End quote ---

When I'm driving on the highway, I always leave my wallet on the seat beside me. This way, I can keep my hands in plain sight at all times, and I don't need to reach down past my firearm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version