Author Topic: A.I. DuPont Children's Hospital.  (Read 7939 times)

Ladian

A.I. DuPont Children's Hospital.
« on: July 11, 2016, 12:02:19 AM »
I took my son to the ER today (he's fine). But upon entering the ER section, there is a security guard standing there next to a metal detector. I wasn't carrying, but both my wife and I got turned away because of our pocket knives.

I had to run the pocket knives back to the car.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 12:04:59 AM by Ladian »
PA LTCF
DE CCDW
New Castle County

Model10Todd

Re: A.I. DuPont Children's Hospital.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 03:28:33 PM »
As you noted, the ER has metal detectors and security guard(s).  However, the main entrance, and other entrances, are not set-up that way.
DECCW Permit Holder
FL & PA N/R Permit Holder
NRA Member
DSSA Member
New Castle County

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 01:04:31 AM »
Has anyone actually carried into AI?  My step daughter had her baby and they transferred her and the baby there.  She has a small hole in her heart and was not eating.  She weighed in at 5lbs.  seems to be doing better.  they will be transferring her to Baltimore because of insurance  issues next week. 
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Model10Todd

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 01:40:18 PM »
Has anyone actually carried into AI?  My step daughter had her baby and they transferred her and the baby there.  She has a small hole in her heart and was not eating.  She weighed in at 5lbs.  seems to be doing better.  they will be transferring her to Baltimore because of insurance  issues next week. 

Yes.  I have not personally, but a family member who was visiting someone.  The hospital policy is no firearms in the building (OK in vehicle) unless you are a LEO.  Those that are LEO can carry, and even OC.  If you go through the ER entrance metal detectors and get "beeped" it's reported that they'll pat you down and they'll have you return to your car and leave your weapon there.  If you decide to CC there and enter from the main entrance or others without metal detectors, during the day when those entrances are open, just make sure you conceal well.  O/w you'll be asked to leave, or perhaps a worse reaction. 
Best wishes to your family and speedy recovery to them.

DECCW Permit Holder
FL & PA N/R Permit Holder
NRA Member
DSSA Member
New Castle County

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 04:40:11 PM »
Forgot to repost that we went CC and never an issue. 
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 10:50:34 PM »

Yes.  Guy I know moved gun to left side (empty holster on right).  Was stopped.  Showed empty holster said gun was in car.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 10:41:46 PM »
Yes.  Guy I know moved gun to left side (empty holster on right).  Was stopped.  Showed empty holster said gun was in car.

Smart.. or Dumb.. Depends on what happens next. Lying to security or LE (specifically regarding a firearm) will never go over well at location or in court.

Trapper

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 05:41:28 AM »
My son was hospitalized there for a month I carried there every day. Never had an issue.

Most days I concealed, some days I open carried, nobody said anything in the NICU.

Maybe it was because they saw me everyday and didn't care.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 05:43:30 AM by Trapper »
Esophageal Atresia Awareness