Author Topic: Shooting Saturday morning in my neighborhood-Now Murder  (Read 6473 times)

Fishhunter911

Shooting Saturday morning in my neighborhood-Now Murder
« on: July 11, 2016, 11:43:52 AM »
There was a shooting 2 streets over from me last night. 5 in the morning. What the hell is happening to Bear, De. Seems everyday there is a new shooting within 5 miles from me. Not much info being released. I did find out this morning he passed away last night.  :poed:

http://delawarefreenews.org/2016/07/09/ ... condition/

BEAR, DELAWARE (7/9/2016) The victim of a shooting this morning in the Rutledge community in Bear is in critical condition, New Castle County police said.

The shooting was discovered early today by a Delaware State Police trooper investigating a single-car accident at the entrance to Rutledge. The lone occupant of the car was found to be suffering from a gunshot wound, and county police found evidence of the shooting a short distance away in the first block of Baywatch Road.

The male victim was taken by ambulance to Christiana Hospital in Stanton.

Cpl. Tracey Duffy said detectives are still investigating and more details will be provided later.

She asked anyone with information to call 302-573-2800 or offer tips at www.nccpd.com.

Just Bill

• Life Member
Re: Shooting Saturday morning in my neighborhood-Now Murder
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 11:54:02 AM »
They have moved out of the getto into the county, and brought their lifestyles(guns/drugs) with them.  Claymont used to be a sleepy non-area, now it is becoming Wilmington North, as is Bear.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 02:35:33 PM »
Don't know how long you have lived in the area, but Bear has always been a rough area to live in. When I was an active member of Aetna we occasionally would take an ambulance run backing up Christiana Fire Company in the area. Two places I recall were the Triple Nickel and Brookmont Farms. (Now Sparrows Run) We would never go in until the County Police arrived first.

Fishhunter911

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 03:03:37 PM »
I use to run with 3-6-12 and made many a call in Brookmont. Bad area, remember NCCPD use to have a substation in there? Fun times. The area I am in has been quiet till a couple of years ago. The Salem Church Rd and Rt40 area has been bad for a long time, as well as the area on Rt.7 between 273 and 40.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 06:43:22 PM by Fishhunter911 »

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 04:05:17 PM »
I use to run with 3-6-12 and made many a call in Brookmont. Bad area, remember NCCPD use to have a substation in there? Fun times. The area I am in has been quiet till a couple of years ago. The Salem Rd and Rt40 area has been bad for a long time, as well as the area on Rt.7 between 273 and 40.

We probably have some mutual acquaintances then. Had a number of friends at CFC.

Fishhunter911

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 06:43:55 PM »
I use to run with 3-6-12 and made many a call in Brookmont. Bad area, remember NCCPD use to have a substation in there? Fun times. The area I am in has been quiet till a couple of years ago. The Salem Rd and Rt40 area has been bad for a long time, as well as the area on Rt.7 between 273 and 40.

We probably have some mutual acquaintances then. Had a number of friends at CFC.

We likely do, One big family!

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 07:00:21 PM »
Moved here 5+ years ago and a couple of the real-estate agents recommended against looking in the Bear area due to the crime and violence. Glad we listened! Currently in a nice cozy out of the way 16 year old neighborhood that's never had a reported crime. We still lock the doors, set the alarm, arm the traps, release the hounds and arm the lasers each night however.  ;D

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 11:47:05 PM »
Moved here 5+ years ago and a couple of the real-estate agents recommended against looking in the Bear area due to the crime and violence. Glad we listened! Currently in a nice cozy out of the way 16 year old neighborhood that's never had a reported crime. We still lock the doors, set the alarm, arm the traps, release the hounds and arm the lasers each night however.  ;D
Just remember not to feed the alligators in the moat too often. They need to stay hungry.  :D
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 12:17:43 AM »
We live in Bear/Glasgow (Hickory Woods)... we were lucky to have a really smart, experienced real estate agent who warned us about several Bear neighborhoods.
We looked at one house on the other side of Route 40 that we liked... then, she stood with us in the front yard and said "See those woods? There's a trailer park just on the other side of those trees... people walk over here every night, and steal anything that isn't nailed down."

She eventually found this house for us, showed it to us a few hours after it went on the market, and we made an offer right away. Cul-de-sac, almost 100% owner-occupied, and no townhomes, apartments or trailers within an easy walk.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 02:17:07 AM »

We likely do, One big family!

Steve Moore and the Durante brothers just to name a few.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2016, 04:40:28 AM »
Just remember not to feed the alligators in the moat too often. They need to stay hungry.  :D

Shush.. That was one of the untold safety measures. Careful of the newly installed viper pits now as well 😜

Rabbit

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2016, 01:15:51 AM »
Any thoughts on Caravel Woods across from lums pond; should I make an offer on a house I like or run?

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2016, 10:34:24 AM »
Any thoughts on Caravel Woods across from lums pond; should I make an offer on a house I like or run?

It's not bad, from what I've seen and heard. I have a few customers in there.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon