Author Topic: Situational awareness!  (Read 3589 times)

Sinker

Situational awareness!
« on: July 20, 2016, 12:11:05 PM »
This guy was an easy target.  Man, you just have to be aware of your surroundings!  For example, I can't believe the number of people that bury their faces in their phones while pumping gas, completely oblivious to everything around them.

http://delawarefreenews.org/2016/07/19/man-robbed-in-home-depot-parking-lot/

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: Situational awareness!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 02:01:14 PM »
Very informative website. A lot of local robberies and shootings that I wasn't aware of.  What other good sources are around like this?
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 03:00:51 AM »
Really!? 2:20am on a Saturday night and walking with headphones on! Pretty much deserved what happens. Yes, mean of me saying but that's the world we love in today and people need to wake up to it! Hopefully he wasn't hurt much and learns to be more aware.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 10:58:50 PM »
They are not looking/watching around them, and they can't hear anything.....dumb!!!
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 02:31:58 PM »
They are not looking/watching around them, and they can't hear anything.....dumb!!!

Have seen quite a few college kids in Newark walking alone with there nose stuck in their phones. Even at night.

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 05:22:31 PM »
TNJ has had a couple of references to some of these short-bussers walking around in Wilmington, playing Pokemon -- in the middle of the night.  Perhaps they haven't seen anynarticles in TNJ about why happens in Wilmington in the middle of the night.  Or the middle of the day.

The other day, I drove through Glasgow Park to check out the wildlife that tends to be in the back, and kept having to come to a sudden dead-stop.  As near as I could tell, the driver in front was playing a game -- and didn't understand what the roadway is for.  And then just before the parking lot area, there were people standing in the roadway, who apparently were also playing.  As long as there are no charges for when drivers start running these people over, then I am fine with all of it.  I mean, that's what natural selection is all about.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."