Author Topic: Burglary at Artemis Outfitters  (Read 7898 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Re: Burglary at Artemis Outfitters
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2016, 12:25:36 PM »
When I travel, I have the habit of visiting gun shops. Have visited in other countries as well.

One thing that strikes me is the diversity of how these shops are set up.  I have seen some that are like Fort Knox and others that are just a counter and display case in the back corner of a hardware store.

In the 1990s Clinton worked by fees and regulations to put these "mom and pop" gun shops out of business. And he had a lot of "success".  He did this not because these small shops are a big source of "crime guns", but rather because of his disdain for the law abiding gun folk who frequent these places.

I am not sure what kind of security this shop has but I do worry about the safety of gun shop owners, workers and the theft of the guns themselves.

The biggest threat is the straw purchase of guns from the larger retail shops who do not or can not be selective in their clientele.  

I remember Tom Smith who had a little shop in his basement in Hockessin.  The type of set up that Clinton wanted to shut down. Tom decided to open a retail outlet just outside of Wilmington city limits.

Not long after, three thugs from Brookyn with Wilmington connections killed him in his store and made off with a bag of guns. They were sentenced to death but of course not carried out.  This was over 20 years ago.

I often think of Tom and how he should have just kept that basement shop and built up his client base from the gun community.

My point is that evil lurks and gun shop owners need to take measures to minimize risk.  

« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 12:48:55 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.