Author Topic: Remington Bucket o Bullets-  (Read 3729 times)

Just Bill

• Life Member
Remington Bucket o Bullets-
« on: July 29, 2016, 11:45:22 AM »
Anyone tried it??  We have it at Scout camp and it is crap.  Very dirty, clogs actions of the Savage and CZ bolt action .22's.  Clogs the barrels.  Many squib fires which should be a rarity.  Unburned powder on the loading ramp.  It clogs the guns causing misfires so quickly you can't keep the guns clean.  Gold/green flecks all over your hand from loading ammo blocks.  These guns get probably 2k rnds thru them each day, but w/CCI ammo we used a couple of years ago, never these kinds of problems.  It seems National got a good deal on ammo, and the camps have to use it or find their own funds.

Bill
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: Remington Bucket o Bullets-
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 11:51:11 AM »
That's the same crap we used at RSR to support T361.  Agree, it's bad.

Hope week 5 was better than the 1st week you were there.

Did you do the shotgun wake up call at 0630?  You know me, that's when I
shoot a round of trap when the kids are were sleeping.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Just Bill

• Life Member
Re: Remington Bucket o Bullets-
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 06:02:21 PM »
Yes wk 5 better.  I simply decided that the ammo do-do would not screw up the kids that looked like they would qualify.   I got 10 of 12, very happy with that.  No wake up calls, but I was ready a couple of mornings and just didn't do it.  We were low on ammo for shotgun also.  We were down to two cases by thurs w/ 4 kids still not qualified, when 6 cases arrived.  I had shotgun in AM, rifle in PM.  I enjoy teaching both.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith