Author Topic: CCW Gun Belt  (Read 18456 times)

Andrew1986

CCW Gun Belt
« on: July 30, 2016, 08:34:22 PM »
I will be carrying a Glock 43 in a Vedder IWB holster. I wanted to know what gun belts some of you use for CCW with an IWB holster. Thanks
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

New Castle County
DECCW Permit Holder
PA N/R Permit Holder

64Falconguy

Re: CCW Gun Belt
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 08:48:27 PM »
I use an Alien Gear belt. I really like it. Very sturdy and well made.

Andrew1986

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 10:22:35 PM »
Yeah was thinking of theirs. Is it really thick?
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

New Castle County
DECCW Permit Holder
PA N/R Permit Holder

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 10:22:41 PM »
I got my gun belt from http://zachsgunbelts.com/ it is a really nice belt but there is a wait time on them since he makes them as they are ordered there is a current 6 week wait time.  I can tell you it is very good craftsmanship and still looks brand new and I have had it just around 2 years.  My AIWB of choice is from stealthgearusa.com another custom built product but very good quaility and the most comfortable holster I have had and I have been through a few Like crossbreed and alien gear.  They just were not what I was looking for.  this is just my opinion and I am very happy with my rig it is comfortable.  
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

64Falconguy

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 10:28:39 PM »
The Alien Gear is very thick and rigid. I IWB carry a Glock 30s and it stays put all day.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 10:43:23 PM »
I bought a belt at Walmart that is made of thick leather and is 1 1/2" wide and has Remington gun shell trim on it. It cost about $15.00.
It has really been a great belt so far. I also still have an old belt that came from Walmart about 10-12 years ago. It is also brown with thick leather, 1 1/2" wide. Been using it everyday since I bought it. Another place that I have seen Nice looking heavy wide belts is Tractor Supply. Proving you don't have to spend big bucks on a belt to use for carry.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2016, 10:47:39 PM »
AGN Leather in the NCCo Farmers Market will make you an excellent thick leather gun belt, cut to length, for about $50.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

8thFA

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2016, 10:58:49 PM »
I will be carrying a Glock 43 in a Vedder IWB holster. I wanted to know what gun belts some of you use for CCW with an IWB holster. Thanks

I use a Hank's belt, carrying a XDM 9mm 3.8 compact and in a IWB holster, and often an IWB mag carrier, works like a champ:

http://www.hanksclothing.com/hanks_amish_belts_ccw_the_gunner.html
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 09:47:11 AM »
I bought a belt at Walmart that is made of thick leather and is 1 1/2" wide and has Remington gun shell trim on it. It cost about $15.00.
It has really been a great belt so far. I also still have an old belt that came from Walmart about 10-12 years ago. It is also brown with thick leather, 1 1/2" wide. Been using it everyday since I bought it. Another place that I have seen Nice looking heavy wide belts is Tractor Supply. Proving you don't have to spend big bucks on a belt to use for carry.

I bought one there a year ago. Still holding up very well. Like SR9 said, no need to spend a lot.
My belt, I found in the sporting goods dept. $12US.
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2016, 12:30:13 PM »
Although some people have had problems with the finish, a 5.11 belt with the Permastiff liner makes for a ridiculously rigid belt.  And by rigid I mean that, with the belt is installed, you can lay the pants down -- and the belt will keep them opened-up like you have a hula hoop in there.  As the finish is a veneer, you may experience some wear around the buckle area -- which some enjoy complaining about.  The belts are in the $30-$40 range, but are immediately available via the web.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2016, 03:11:05 PM »
I have been using a 5.11 Tactical Apex Gunner's Belt   1 1/2". A bit pricey, $59.99 but it is comfortable but sturdy. Presently I have no issues with this belt.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

Andrew1986

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2016, 06:41:55 PM »
Although some people have had problems with the finish, a 5.11 belt with the Permastiff liner makes for a ridiculously rigid belt.  And by rigid I mean that, with the belt is installed, you can lay the pants down -- and the belt will keep them opened-up like you have a hula hoop in there.  As the finish is a veneer, you may experience some wear around the buckle area -- which some enjoy complaining about.  The belts are in the $30-$40 range, but are immediately available via the web.

Thanks I'll check that one out.

New Castle County
DECCW Permit Holder
PA N/R Permit Holder

Andrew1986

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2016, 06:46:59 PM »
I'm thinking of going with a hanks gun belt also have a 15% coupon code that's good through 8/4

New Castle County
DECCW Permit Holder
PA N/R Permit Holder

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2016, 12:58:30 AM »
The only way to find out what works for you is to build your collection of not-used and not-used-as-much stuff, in addition to what you normally use.  You can't even look at it as wasted money, because the importance of good and reliable gear is -- priceless?  Remember, no matter what you look up on Amazon, no matter how many five-star reviews that you see for an item -- there's always a couple of people saying that the item sucked and all of the five-star reviews are by idiots or paid reviewers.  So, getting one item from one place, and trying another from another place is how you find what will work for you.  Also, when buying items like that, try getting them in different colors, so at least you start covering your color bases.  Even if you don't like one of the belts, but you need a brown belt for a night, you'll already have one.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2016, 12:13:02 PM »
I'm thinking of going with a hanks gun belt also have a 15% coupon code that's good through 8/4

Have 3 of them. 2 @1.25" black & brown for work. 1 @1.5 for play.  GREAT belts!
They hold my pants up  ;D
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.