Author Topic: CCW Gun Belt  (Read 18454 times)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: CCW Gun Belt
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2016, 02:21:07 PM »
Might want to check these guys out. I bought my holster from them 5 years ago and still use it everyday. They also make their own gun belts.

http://www.theholsterstore.net/Leather-Gun-Belts-s/1997.htm
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2016, 01:38:52 AM »
Also look at Crossbreed holsters. I have 2 and use them all the time as there are very comfortable.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

ThePixelated

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2016, 10:33:43 PM »
SOE (Special Operations Equipment - http://originalsoegear.com) makes some great EDC belts.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2016, 04:18:43 PM »
IMO, by the looks of a lot of these IWB holsters, it's not really a matter of how thick and sturdy the belt is. it's more of a how well your pants will stay up. with that extra weight from the inside, it will be dragging the waist line of your pants pulling them dont. i can't imagine it being to comfortable having the holster rubbing up against your hip like that.
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

Grettski

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2016, 07:27:07 PM »
I think different things work for different people. I realize I'm a noob around here, but this my take on belts. I use to think the belt made no difference. I started carrying at home around the time I filed my package (5.5 months ago). I tried a lot of different things to see what worked best for me. I read both here and other places about how important a good gun belt is. Honestly I didn't think it made that much of a difference. So I ended up finding that AIWB about 11:30 worked best for me. I had a $15 walmart belt that seemed to do the job. I would have to fidget with it and give it a push or pull here and there tho. Like before/after sitting or standing it would need a bit of adjustment. Plus it wasn't exactly comfortable, but it didn't print at all.

Then while I was at the range a few weeks ago, I saw that they started carrying crossbreed belts. I figured I'd find out for myself what the big deal was so I bought one. The first time I put my gun on it the light bulb over my head was so bright, you guys in NCC probable saw it. I completely get what you guys were talking about. Now when I get home and put it on, I'd make a minor adjustment to get it where I want it, and never touch it the rest of the night. It stays exactly where I put it and no fidgeting at all anymore.

Just my two cents....your milage may vary
USAF Retired

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2016, 07:42:59 PM »
how much did you pay for it

NRA Member

Grettski

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2016, 07:51:15 PM »
how much did you pay for it

Abut $50. Worth every cent.
USAF Retired

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2016, 08:02:31 PM »
thinking it will be a good investment. i wear a harley davidson one now. but i know that won't do the trick

NRA Member

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2016, 10:44:37 PM »
Try Tractor Supply, Southern States, Dick's, Cabelas, or even Walmart. I have 2 belts I bought from Walmart and they are both heavy cowhide 1 1/2" wide belts. 1 I bought about 10 years ago and use it daily. The other I bought last year and use it a couple times a week. Paid less that $20.00 a piece for them. Still strong.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2016, 01:09:28 AM »
sounds like a good idea

NRA Member

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2016, 08:38:07 PM »
Stopped by AGN Leather at NCC Farmers Market.  Nan sent me over to the heavy belts after I showed her a spare holster that I used to make sure that the belt clips were large enough. Found a 1/4" solid leather brown belt for $59. Within five minutes, she fitted the belt (Oh, you are carrying!) to my size, cut the tip, and punched the holes. She wrote down our site URL. Strapped that custom-fitted beauty on and I was out the door. Definitely worth the visit.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2016, 10:19:16 PM »
I bought the kydex reinforced Comp-Tac belt. Been wearing one nearly all day every day for over 3 years with no wear or deforming of the belt. This is a belt I figure should last me 20+ years! Yes, it's that well made with quality materials. It's expensive for sure but to me it's worth every penny. I've since purchase another for the wife and another for me in the other color which doesn't get worn often but I have it.

Yes, it hurt buying the first due to the cost and not knowing for sure. Very glad I did though. I've tried other belts and none seem to last that long for me.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2017, 12:19:51 AM »
Old gray geek...Do they make a steel core belt or is it truly sag free without steel?

It's just really thick leather. Holds up extremely well.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

greymas

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2017, 03:35:51 AM »
Old gray geek...Do they make a steel core belt or is it truly sag free without steel?

If you want steel core belt, look at Bigfoot gun belts http://gunbelts.com/. I just got one this week. 18oz version to replace my old belt. It's solid.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2017, 12:16:51 PM »
25% Off ALL Orders Memorial Day Sale!
AND FREE SHIPPING

1 Day Only Order Now!
Memorial Day Sale ends Monday 5-29-2017 at Midnight EST!

Use Code:
MEMORIAL25
at checkout

The Best Belts...Period!.

Let's keep it simple:

USA Made
    Full Grain Leathers
    FREE Shipping and Returns & Exchanges
    Best Selection
    Awesome Prices
    100 Year Warranty

See why Hanks Belts are consistently rated the best belts and the best service! We won't let you down.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.