Author Topic: Lower DE  (Read 7644 times)

FreakShow

• Life Member
Lower DE
« on: August 03, 2016, 03:10:44 PM »
New to the forum and will soon be a new gun owner. I work in medical in a prison and recently had an incident with an inmate on the outside. That incident made it very clear to me that i need to carry. Going to take a class soon and now in the process of looking for the right conceal carry gun. Plus it has also sparked an interest in other guns. Although i've shot guns, i'm new to all of this and any advice is welcomed.
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

Grettski

Re: Lower DE
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 03:43:57 PM »
Welcome! There is a ton of great info here. Lots of reviews on weapons that might help you out. And of course ask questions. There are some really great people here that can answer about anything. Feel free to PM.
USAF Retired

Andrew1986

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 04:07:10 PM »
Welcome to the group. You'll find a ton of info here. I myself carry a Glock 43 since it is slim light weight but able to get the job done as needed. Try different guns.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

New Castle County
DECCW Permit Holder
PA N/R Permit Holder

Model10Todd

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 07:50:52 PM »
Welcome.  I'm glad to see your taking steps to protect yourself if in worse case instance you needed to do so.
Ditto on the advice to try different guns. Depending on your body size, hand size, and what's comfortable for you to carry and shoot can differ.
Make sure it is a very reliable brand and model.  Check out YouTube as well. 
DECCW Permit Holder
FL & PA N/R Permit Holder
NRA Member
DSSA Member
New Castle County

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 10:41:35 PM »
If you haven't taken your NRA DECCW course yet, let me recommend Marino Tactical Solutions in Lincoln. Great for down stater's and get you training course in 1 day. Located on Clendaniel road, just south of the auction on RT 113.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 10:45:53 PM by SturmRugerSR9 »
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Grettski

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 02:56:05 PM »
I would second the recommendation for Marino. My wife and I took his class and loved it. He has a second training location between Viola and Felton and that's where we took ours. Time and money very well spent.
USAF Retired

AudiQ

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 05:59:21 PM »
As said by others, lots of valuable info here. Read all the threads dealing with the application process, laws, gear and be prepared for what seems like an eternity waiting for your license to arrive. No one can tell you the right weapon for you, read up on different ones and go handle all you can at stores and dealers. It's worth it to put a lot of time into your selections. Welcome aboard.
Endeavor to persevere

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2016, 12:09:59 PM »
was going to take the marino class, but found a guy through one of the CO's at work who is the top trainer for the CERT team in the state of delaware and he also teaches the state police. been looking at diferent guns, really like the S&M shield but love te feel of the SD9ve in my hands, also been watching a lot of youtube video's on both. going to cabela's tomorrow. but will probably buy locally. was surprised to know it seems like there are more gun shops than churches, lol

NRA Member

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2016, 01:05:36 PM »
You really need to touch base Federal Firearms. He's in Middletown and will blow Cabelas away.
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

Andrew1986

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2016, 01:52:45 PM »
I second Chris at Federal Firearms his prices will beat everyone around here also he's a very nice person.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

New Castle County
DECCW Permit Holder
PA N/R Permit Holder

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2016, 04:48:54 PM »
where abouts in middletown, what it near. there's a shop in lewes that has the sheild for 400 and the sd9 for 338.00. i was just going to cabela's to look, want's gonna buy cause on their main site their prices were high.

NRA Member

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2016, 04:52:56 PM »
wow, just looked him up from the link posted, his prices are really good!. looks like i'll be stopping there tomorrow.

NRA Member

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2016, 05:25:55 PM »
just shared the link with my wife. stoppin there tomorrow. lookng forward to going

NRA Member

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2016, 10:04:28 PM »
just shared the link with my wife. stoppin there tomorrow. lookng forward to going
FreakShow where are you located ?
I sent you a PM
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2016, 10:40:15 PM »