Author Topic: FILING!  (Read 14419 times)

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
FILING!
« on: August 03, 2016, 04:22:44 PM »
I'm waiting on the last couple of things before filing.  I have my paperwork and course completed.  My newspaper ad should run on Friday in the Newark Post and I'm scheduled for fingerprinting next Friday, though I may just stop by Delaware State Police in Dover after I finish up my hearings at the Kent County Courthouse on Monday. 

29thInfantry

• Life Member
Re: FILING!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 10:38:44 PM »
Awesome news!!!
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Bobbysr

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 11:55:34 PM »
When I filed at the beginning of the year, they told me 6 months. I got my license in 7 weeks.

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 01:13:46 PM »
When I filed at the beginning of the year, they told me 6 months. I got my license in 7 weeks.

That's excellent news!  I'm filing today as I got fingerprinted yesterday after I finished up my hearings in Dover and I got my certificate of publication in the Newark Post in yesterday's mail.  Hopefully I'll be on the quick side too!

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 12:57:56 AM »
Well, I'm officially filed as of yesterday.  My office runner left a copy of my clocked in and filed application in my office inbox yesterday afternoon.  Hopefully I'll have a relatively quick turn around...and if I'm really lucky, the AG investigators may remember me considering I worked on the same floor as them for a good year while clerking after law school.

rainman378

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 12:46:06 PM »
Sit back and relax, it will take a while. I applied back in February and it took a little over 4 months for me. I think some people are still waiting for their permits and also applied back in Feb. It's a long process here in the state of Delaware.

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2016, 11:06:02 PM »
I know.  They certainly don't treat CCDW license applications the same as other "routine motions" which have a Supreme Court Mandate for 90 day disposition. 

Andrew1986

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 02:50:21 PM »
Mine took just under 6 months in NCC handed in 2/25/16 got it 8/10/16
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

New Castle County
DECCW Permit Holder
PA N/R Permit Holder

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2016, 03:46:11 PM »
Hooray!  I'm at the one week mark.  Just 25 or more left to go!

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2016, 03:28:45 PM »
Well, I'm eight weeks in today.  This is nearly as bad as I remember waiting to get my bar exam results back being. 

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2016, 10:53:44 PM »
Most people will recommend that you carry concealed while at home in the house to get use to the change in weight. At first it might feel like a brick, but as time goes by you will not even notice it. Lots of people carrying for a short time have a tendency to tug an adjust at you gun because it is uncomfortable. But you'll get use to it. Besides, it is a dead give-away that you are carrying. Good luck.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2016, 03:02:07 PM »
I've actually been carrying the gun in the house and it's a non issue aside from having to change the way that I sit occasionally as I find that being poked and prodded in the ribs by a Sig isn't the most pleasant thing on earth. 

topper

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2016, 09:05:25 PM »
Most people will recommend that you carry concealed while at home in the house to get use to the change in weight. At first it might feel like a brick, but as time goes by you will not even notice it. Lots of people carrying for a short time have a tendency to tug an adjust at you gun because it is uncomfortable. But you'll get use to it. Besides, it is a dead give-away that you are carrying. Good luck.

I've got 4 holsters now, so I'm trying to figure out which one I like best. So...I pick one. I wear it all day around the house and out, for a couple days. What I've learned so far is some holsters fit better for some situations. The one I spent the most on seems to be the most uncomfortable, but is easy to re-holster and prints the least. The next least in cost (and reasonably priced) is the most comfortable, but prints...a lot. But I'd still like to be able to eliminate at least two. So my little experiment continues.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2016, 10:41:26 PM »
I find that a IWB worn at 5 O'Clock works best for me. My personal choice is a Pro Carry Deep Comfort, made and sold by theholsterstore.com in Florida. I have been wearing it all day everyday for about 5 years now and have no complaints, and it has held up well. No plans to replace it any time soon. Bad for them, good for me.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2016, 01:08:20 AM »
I tried the right backside from 4-5 o'clock and simply couldn't get past the butt or sights always digging in when sitting down, working on/under cars and bikes, rolling around with my kid, etc. Seems I just when I found "THE" spot I'd turn and ouch.. it would dig in.

Since moving it to exactly 3 o'clock I've been super happy. Pretty much 3 solid years now all day everyday. Couldn't be any happier with the location.