Author Topic: I get it, But...  (Read 11674 times)

FreakShow

• Life Member
Re: I get it, But...
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2016, 12:50:03 AM »
i don't have enough room in between me and my jeans to have a holster on the inside
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2016, 01:58:31 AM »
i don't have enough room in between me and my jeans to have a holster on the inside
IWB requires that either the trousers be a size larger in the waist or 'me' to become a size smaller in the waist. (Pun alert) Shooter's choice!  :)

I was lucky and just lost a lot of weight before carrying so my wardrobe remained functional.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2016, 12:56:13 PM »
yeah, i'm just not hip on the whole holster idea, especially these days cops are a little more jumppy as are people in general. i'm more comfortable going with the tactical belly band that has a place for the gun and two extra magezines

NRA Member

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2016, 01:31:12 PM »
I conceal a Glock 29 and a spare mag in plain sight with a Safepacker.
My son calls it "the colostomy bag," but at my age maybe that's appropriate  ;D ... and I've passed through all sorts of security with it on.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2016, 02:27:23 PM »
In May of this year I stared carrying my G19 or G17 (along with a spare G17 mag) in a Maxpedition Narrow Look Bag. This is a well designed CCW bag and it actually looks like a man purse. Hey at age 74 I can use whatever works for me and in the summer this bag works for me. I also at times use a Roma fanny pack. During the summer these items work for me. I was asked one time what I had in the bag. I responded with,"Wallet,cell phone,reading glasses and "items to keep me healthy." I can also carry my Kindle in it.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2016, 06:47:58 PM »
i am in no way at whatever age going to carry a man bag, just sayin

NRA Member

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2016, 11:13:48 PM »
Man Bags went out in the mid 2000's thankfully.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2016, 12:07:07 AM »
Well  guys man bags may have gone out years ago but I am old school.  I do not give a @@@@ what people think or that I fit in with current trends.  Freak, when I was younger I probably would have said what you did. My friend please remember this. Things change when you get older. All I know is that if I have to take care of business during the summer I have the means to do it.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 12:31:46 AM by RetCapt1994 »
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2016, 12:47:14 AM »
Guy man bags are handy for old guys. When something falls off, you can put it in the man bag. Don't litter.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2016, 08:39:01 PM »
I'm telling you I never thought I'd carry a bag either.. Until I had a kid at age 40. As the primary parent the little guy was with me 99% of the time and I of course had to have a baby bag. We did a lot of traveling and if I was gonna have to carry around a baby bag it was gonna be a manly baby bag!  ;D

What's more manly then a WWII utility bag! Hence the Tilley Intrepid Bag.. Made proudly in Canada I might add! While he is now 6yo we still use the bag quite a bit and I've found myself heading out on my own for afternoon hiking and whatnot with it to carry asserted gear such as camera lenses, etc. Incredibly durable, good looking and should last me my lifetime or whenever he gets old enough I'll give it to him.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2016, 08:41:48 PM »
Guy man bags are handy for old guys. When something falls off, you can put it in the man bag. Don't litter.

This cracked me up btw! Still laughing..  ;D

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2016, 05:39:20 AM »
i'm not saying a WWII isn't manly, but i'm not going to wear anything that looks like a handbag

NRA Member

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2016, 01:53:42 PM »
I have a couple of 5.11 PUSH Packs, which occasionally have been used to carry a weapon off-body.  A few times I have been asked to open it for inspection when leaving a store, to which I ask if they inspect all of the purses carried by women -- and simply walk by them.  One time I knew that the item on top was a firearm, so I gladly opened it up, after which the girl looked up at me and said "okay."

Also, having a bag like that is really good for when you have to run one of those errands where you know that you won't be exiting the vehicle, such as driving someone back to their house when you're wearing sweatpants or whatever -- but are still paranoid to leave the house without a weapon ( ::), hey, that's me!).

We now live in a time when a lot of folks simply jam their credit card and ID into their pockets, women carry wallets instead of purses, and men carry backpacks -- so a dude carrying any sort of bag isn't really that odd.  I don't understand the backpack thing, really, but...

Plus, if someone dared question why you carry a bag, you only need to respond that you self-identity as a female, and then the PC-Police are required to come stomp the questioner into submission!
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2016, 03:35:49 PM »
I also had a 5.11 Push Pack but it was a bit bulky and it just did not work for me. I do however have a question for Freak. Regarding this thing you have about bags and you certainly have the right for your opinion. My question is this. Do you have a question about your man hood or what people may think?

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2016, 12:37:21 PM »
I don't give a rats a** about what people think of me. i'm not the guy who has to take a million selfies anfd post them on facebook for everone's approval. I am the way i am, take it or leave it. it's not a question of manhood, if you feel the need to carry your stuff in a bag, by all means that your right, but it's not for me.

NRA Member