Author Topic: WV residents with CCW can carry in Delaware...why?  (Read 11513 times)

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: WV residents with CCW can carry in Delaware...why?
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2016, 04:17:03 PM »
Maybe in the beginning of the year when they are "supposed" to review other states' requirements Delaware will state
"enhanced" only or some wording like that.

http://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/criminal/concealedweapons.shtml
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2016, 12:28:31 PM »
Maybe in the beginning of the year when they are "supposed" to review other states' requirements Delaware will state
"enhanced" only or some wording like that.

http://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/criminal/concealedweapons.shtml

Perhaps. I'm just a little perplexed by the attitude here "I got mine...who cares". I really think I brought some legitimate arguments. Was hoping that more would chime in.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2016, 01:56:03 PM »
Well, the little interest may be....

If a DE res is not going to WV, how does DE dropping WV impact them?
Most of us have PA.  Currently WV honors PA.  They are covered if DE drops WV.

Same question you posted at DELOC has over 200 views and 10 posts.
Guess DELOC people are of the "who cares" mind set too...
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2016, 03:59:11 PM »
Well, the little interest may be....

If a DE res is not going to WV, how does DE dropping WV impact them?
Most of us have PA.  Currently WV honors PA.  They are covered if DE drops WV.

Same question you posted at DELOC has over 200 views and 10 posts.
Guess DELOC people are of the "who cares" mind set too...

DELOC is an Open Carry group. My guess is that some could give a rats a** about CC laws. I'm having a hard time understanding why those here don't get my point. I guess we are doomed.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2016, 06:03:16 PM »
Bill was passed 2/24/16.  Effective 90 days after passage.
http://www.legis.state.wv.us/Bill_Status/bills_text.cfm?billdoc=HB4145%20SUB%20ENR.htm&yr=2016&sesstype=RS&i=4145

I am assuming DE AG is not aware YET of the changes.  Sure once they know of it, they will make the changes to what DE will accept

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2016, 07:10:10 PM »
Delaware recognizes other states that do not mandate a license to carry as well. Arizona and Alaska come to mind.  Remember that these states and West Virginia all still issue licenses for use outside of the state.  
Delaware law only says that the state must not have a history of giving licenses to felons.  It does not have to have the same requirements.

I'm not sure what H3s goal is.  Is it to stop Delaware from recognizing West Virginia?

The most of hoops that we jump through have been law in Delaware since April of 1911.  It's nothing new.
Reciprocity with other states has only been law since about 2006.

It's actually easier to get a license now than 20 or so years ago.  They added the training and fingerprinting but extended renewals and made it that references can be from your county.  Used to be your election district.

From 1883 to 1911 concealed carry was flat out illegal in Delaware.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 08:09:37 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2016, 07:44:39 PM »
At this stage of permit licensing, I see the glass as more than half full in DE whereas it is empty in NJ, MD, and HI, and almost dry in NY, MA, CT, and RI. The major concern that I have with reciprocity is a lack of a training requirement. WV does require training.
Having lived in MD for 25 years, I'll put with the limits and hoops of DE which are at least surmountable. We need to move our legislators to the right before anything improves here in DE.  National reciprocity is the only bright light on the horizon. 
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2016, 08:05:22 PM »
At this stage of permit licensing, I see the glass as more than half full in DE whereas it is empty in NJ, MD, and HI, and almost dry in NY, MA, CT, and RI. The major concern that I have with reciprocity is a lack of a training requirement. WV does require training.
Having lived in MD for 25 years, I'll put with the limits and hoops of DE which are at least surmountable. We need to move our legislators to the right before anything improves here in DE.  National reciprocity is the only bright light on the horizon. 
connecticut actually issues through the mail to non residents and is effectively shall issue.  No reciprocity though.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2016, 03:29:55 PM »
I agree with that, but why does it take 6 months or more to get an approval? I get it that Delaware is almost "shall issue", but with today's technology it shouldn't take more than a month for approval.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2016, 03:36:58 PM »
Maybe it's time we ALL start writing our elected officials.
http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=4561.0

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2016, 03:40:54 PM »
I agree with that, but why does it take 6 months or more to get an approval? I get it that Delaware is almost "shall issue", but with today's technology it shouldn't take more than a month for approval.

Its political and controlled via funding. Background checks and done by officers assigned to this job in rotations and other duties come first. 99% of the time the applications are collecting dust. The lack of a dedicated staff is due to lack of funding which is due to the political Left controlling the state.

The entire process could be done in minutes but that wouldn't fit in with Delaware's politics.

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2016, 03:49:49 PM »

Its political and controlled via funding. Background checks and done by officers assigned to this job in rotations and other duties come first. 99% of the time the applications are collecting dust. The lack of a dedicated staff is due to lack of funding which is due to the political Left controlling the state.

The entire process could be done in minutes but that wouldn't fit in with Delaware's politics.

Exactly. How about those that went through the 6 month process write their representatives and express their feelings. i wrote mine and his reply was send me data and I will check into it. How sad is that. Whether or not I voted for him, is he not working for me and those that feel the same?

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2016, 07:03:51 PM »
Wait.. you don't actually think any politician is really working for you do you?

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2016, 07:47:23 PM »
Wait.. you don't actually think any politician is really working for you do you?

Some times I live in a pipe dream. Just slap me. :)

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2016, 06:31:10 AM »

Some times I live in a pipe dream. Just slap me. :)

Here ya go in the classic style  ;D