Author Topic: Looking at a used Glock  (Read 3845 times)

Fire44

Looking at a used Glock
« on: September 17, 2009, 01:41:49 AM »
I have a contact that can get me a used police issued Glock 22 (in .40) and was wondering what I should look for in the way of problems.  They showed me one that was going to be replaced and beside the normal holster wear, it looked like it was in good shape.  I was told that I could go with them to test fire the ones I was interested it.

Would this make a good concealed carry gun?  What is the going price for a gun like this?

Thanks for your help.

Gary

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: Looking at a used Glock
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 05:39:37 PM »
I wouldn't pay more then $350 for a used Glock when a new one can be purchased for around $500 as far as the Glock 22 being a CCW weapon that depends on you, I personally prefer the mid size glocks over the large frame glocks. I would check the frame and rails for and damage along with the barrel. Break the gun down and just give it a once over I doubt you will find any problems with it.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
Re: Looking at a used Glock
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 10:31:03 PM »
I wouldn't pay more then $350 for a used Glock when a new one can be purchased for around $500...
Yeah, the used Glock market is kind of an odd one, perhaps because of the fact that their new prices don't really go up -- and people don't want to give away their "old" ones for $200. 
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."