Author Topic: Rio Olympics  (Read 2753 times)

seniorgeek

• Life Member
Rio Olympics
« on: August 19, 2016, 03:53:43 PM »
Skeet shooter Kim Rhode earned a bronze medal on August 12th. This makes her the first women to medal in six consecutive Olympic games.
An outstanding accomplishment.  Why do we not her about her in any of the Olympic highlights? Liberal media that's why.
She also does not have any sponsors outside of the gun industry. What a shame.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Re: Rio Olympics
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 06:47:33 PM »
Ehh.. Not really. Most of the major networks have actually published stories on her and with good comments as well. Included in many are her outstanding accomplishments, some history, her views 2A views (and not in any negative way) and pointed out the fact that she doesn't have mainstream sponsorship. This isn't really a surprise since it's a shooting sport and one isn't likely to find sponsors outside the gun industry.

One also had to remember shooting isn't going to have the following that gymnastics, track, swimming, etc gas and therefore obviously isn't going to get the media time dedicated to it as those events do.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 11:20:18 PM »
Just stating fact. I do realize that it is hard to get sponsors outside the shooting industry but it would be nice for some of the major sponsors to show some support.
Just us @A people and gun people follow most shooting sports.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 12:42:13 AM »
But the only fact is that she doesn't have any non 2A sponsorships.. Not that the media hasn't given her any coverage.. Which is false. They have and even the mainstream media has called attention to the fact she has no sponsors outside the gun industry. I actually think it's surprising the amount of good media she has received.. Considering it's a shooting sport and the medias bias against the entire topic.

Fact is she did get media attention and good articles at that from most of the media. Hopefully someone outside the gun industry sees and offers her another. I'd love to see her on a box of Wheaties !

Look at the crazy media Ginny Thrasher has received after winning Gold! That was awful. Makes me happy that at least some of the MSM has started giving her a better story.