Author Topic: Homeowner shoots at burglar  (Read 2766 times)

8thFA

Homeowner shoots at burglar
« on: August 24, 2016, 03:03:48 AM »
The homeowner in this case wasn't charged, but I wonder what would have happened if he had hit this clown as he ran into the cornfield...

https://dspnewsroom.com/2016/08/23/troopers-investigate-attempted-burglary/

"The suspect, upon seeing the homeowner, immediately fled from the porch and ran into a cornfield located in the rear of the yard. It was at this point that the homeowner proceed to fire multiple rounds from a handgun that he had in his possession toward the suspect. It is not believed that the suspect was struck however."

"This incident remains under investigation by the Delaware State Police. Charges are not expected to be filed against the homeowner."
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC

Sinker

Re: Homeowner shoots at burglar
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 01:51:17 PM »
I was going to post the same thing.  I'm assuming if he had hit the bad guy, he'd be in need of a very good attorney.  Probably hard to make the case that he was in imminent danger.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 02:04:57 PM »
…I'm assuming if he had hit the bad guy, he'd be in need of a very good attorney.  Probably hard to make the case that he was in imminent danger.
I agree.  A hit in the back is difficult to defend.  The cornfield may have belonged to the homeowner and he 'shooting on his own property'. Lucky that he doesn't live in NJ or MD.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 02:45:06 PM »
Read yesterday about a 91 year old guy in Michigan that was being robbed in a drug store parking lot. What the robber never saw coming was the old dude was a CPL permit holder and armed. The 91 year old guy shot the robber through the neck. Nice shooting old dude. You have to remember, when we get old we can't run, can't fight, but we can still shoot your butt.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun