Author Topic: Sig Sauer P226  (Read 4788 times)

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
Sig Sauer P226
« on: August 25, 2016, 05:10:20 PM »
I've got a couple of Sig P226's in 9mm and love them both.  I have a P226 NSW that I've had for about six years or so and have a good many rounds down range through with no issues and I've got a P226 Legion that I just picked up at the beginning of the month and have something in the 700 round range through it with no issues.  Both are fantastic and what you'd expect from a Sig, accurate, boringly reliable, incredibly ergonomic for a right handed shooter, blah, blah, blah.  I will say, however, I do like shooting the Legion better than the NSW as it does have better, more visible sights and it does also have a better trigger.  That said, I'd completely trust either one of them with my life.  I need a P229 and a P239 now to round out the family. 

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Sig Sauer P226
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 07:27:09 PM »
Good review Marc. P226 just happens to be my favorite handgun. I’ve owned mine since 1985, and it's seen many many thousands of rounds. Shoots anything I buy with zero hiccups. I find it fits my hand like a glove, and I shoot it well. Six years ago I threw some trijicon night sites on it.
I would recomend buying some Mec-Gar magazines for it. I read in an article years ago that they actually make the mags for Sig, but I can't verify that info. I do know that my Mec-gar mags have been flawless. They make a flush fitting 18 round mag for the 226. Works like a charm. 18+1 of +P is a lot of firepower.

http://shop.mec-gar.com/Magazines/Sig-Sauer/SIG-SAUER-P.226-18-High-Cap-Flush-Fit
New Castle County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 07:24:03 AM »
Iirc MEC-Gar makes the mags for many different manufactures and rebrands them for each. I know they make our Walther mags for the Walther PPQ, PPS, P99 and also offer a less expensive non Walther brand also. I own several and aside from branding they are identical.

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 01:41:20 PM »
Good review Marc. P226 just happens to be my favorite handgun. I’ve owned mine since 1985, and it's seen many many thousands of rounds. Shoots anything I buy with zero hiccups. I find it fits my hand like a glove, and I shoot it well. Six years ago I threw some trijicon night sites on it.
I would recomend buying some Mec-Gar magazines for it. I read in an article years ago that they actually make the mags for Sig, but I can't verify that info. I do know that my Mec-gar mags have been flawless. They make a flush fitting 18 round mag for the 226. Works like a charm. 18+1 of +P is a lot of firepower.

http://shop.mec-gar.com/Magazines/Sig-Sauer/SIG-SAUER-P.226-18-High-Cap-Flush-Fit

Thanks for the tip on the Mec Gar mags.  I'll have to track some down and give them a shot (pun intended).  After all, you can never have too many reliable magazines lying around!