Author Topic: Locking gun in car in Commie States  (Read 13544 times)

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: Locking gun in car in Commie States
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2016, 03:03:36 PM »
Hollow points are not illegal in NJ, it is additional time added to your sentence for using hollow points in the commission of a crime.
That's correct that they are not illegal per se, but they are regulated quite a bit.
I found this info straight from the NJ state police site:
http://www.njsp.org/firearms/index.shtml
There is info at that link on transporting guns into and through NJ as well as info on hollow point ammo.
I don't see how most of us could enter or transit NJ legally with hollow point ammo.
Hollow points are legal for sportsmen for use with a gun legal for hunting.
Activities contained in N.J.S.A 26:39-6f. can be broken down as follows:

A member of a rifle or pistol club organized under rules of the National Board for the Promotion of Rifle Practice and which filed its charter with the State Police;
A person engaged in hunting or target practice with a firearm legal for hunting in this State;
A person going directly to a target range, and;
A person going directly to an authorized place for "practice, match, target, trap or skeet shooting exhibitions."
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Model10Todd

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2016, 01:54:31 PM »
Hollow points are not illegal in NJ, it is additional time added to your sentence for using hollow points in the commission of a crime.

This can be tricky.  I know a person that was charged going to a stop in NJ for having a gun locked in the back of their van.  They had HP ammo (locked up too) which they were charged with additionally.  The NJ reasoning was.. you committed a crime by having the gun there illegally, therefore the HP ammo is associated with said crime.
DECCW Permit Holder
FL & PA N/R Permit Holder
NRA Member
DSSA Member
New Castle County

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2016, 02:21:17 PM »

This can be tricky.  I know a person that was charged going to a stop in NJ for having a gun locked in the back of their van.  They had HP ammo (locked up too) which they were charged with additionally.  The NJ reasoning was.. you committed a crime by having the gun there illegally, therefore the HP ammo is associated with said crime.
appears that NJ 'justice' ignores the 8th Amendment
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2016, 04:22:19 PM »
my comment would be, why would you lock it up in a separate box that will look suspicious  which would give the police a reason to search your vehicle. through from my understanding they can not do without your permission or without a warrant and can not take you and your car in to be searched without placing you under arrest and they need a reason to do that
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2016, 05:33:25 PM »
my comment would be, why would you lock it up in a separate box that will look suspicious  which would give the police a reason to search your vehicle. through from my understanding they can not do without your permission or without a warrant and can not take you and your car in to be searched without placing you under arrest and they need a reason to do that

The police can -- and do -- search any car they want, legally or not, and get away with it. Been there, seen it happen.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2016, 06:18:21 PM »
i know i've seen a few video's of how people get out of it. not sure if they were on you tube or face book

NRA Member

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2016, 09:24:13 PM »

What do you mean "going to a stop".  If they were stopping in New Jersey for anything other than something incidental to travel then they are guilty   If however they were just passing through the state to another state where having that gun is legal then they are protected by the FOPA under federal law. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2016, 06:30:04 AM »
Folks let's remember it is NJ. They don't care. Lived there for 15 years and know people who were ordered out of their vehicles and searches conducted. I'm talking upstandup, well dressed, non confrontational folks driving the speed limit with no vehicle issues. Simply pulled over, license, registration and insurance requested, provided, then ordered out by officers often with handguns halfway drawn. I've personally experienced this in the Woodbury, NJ area myself and it's not fun, nor legal but guess what? There isn't anything you can do because it's the officers word over yours unless you have video or multiple witnessed.

Don't think for one second that you are protected by any law in NJ, NY or MD. Lots of LEOs in each of those states who do not agree that we should have firearms and an officer can pull out any reason for a stop and make up any excuse to go through your vehicle. They will arrest you without giving a crap about you or your family and then let the courts decide what happens.

MD also has a camera program tied into the computer systems of many states which they have used to harass legal out of state gun owners. Don't remember the program's name (it's listed on their state site) but a number of states provide ccw info along with plate requests and many out of state through drivers have been harassed and searched. Their state police and the bridge authority both widely do this. Thankfully Delaware does NOT share our CCDW permit info and it ant be used towards us.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2016, 12:58:09 PM »
i was born in Woodbury, l grew up in National Park, moved to Delaware with my parents when i was 17, been here ever since. i don't go up there to often, the police up there are brutal.

NRA Member

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2016, 06:59:29 AM »
Red Bank Run Townhouses for 15 years just down the street from National Park. Used to include the Park in my running back in the day and spend a ton of time there just relaxing. Yes, LEOs in the area could be brutal though it was another officer who saved me during my incident with another, whose handgun was drawn and was ordering me out of my car for no reason, so not all were bad

A late night July 4th I was sitting out celebrating with our neighbors and the occasional illegal fireworks they had bought in PA iirc. Had a few more then a few, had just reached over to light another bottle rocket when from behind me I heard "I wouldn't light that".... Whoosh.. Too late!  ;D We were asked for ID and while my neighbors were good, I still had all my Canadian ID. Try explaining, while intoxicated, that you legally live here, in that town home, with your American wife, but have all foreign ID only.. The reason being that even though Immigration law required them to process my paperwork and provide my ID in 6 months it took them over 4 years to do.  He was pretty cool about it all though I though I was done-for when that rocket went. Lol That was 20 years ago now in my younger days.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2016, 01:20:08 PM »
i lived on the east side of town, my dad was a cop there when i was a kid. nice town for being only a square mile. have to brothers that still live in that area. me, i moved back once but like it here is tax free de. but nice to hear from people who lived back home.

NRA Member

LostM

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2016, 02:17:00 AM »

This can be tricky.  I know a person that was charged going to a stop in NJ for having a gun locked in the back of their van.  They had HP ammo (locked up too) which they were charged with additionally.  The NJ reasoning was.. you committed a crime by having the gun there illegally, therefore the HP ammo is associated with said crime.

Exactly. not saying its right, or even logical, but he "committed a crime" and the HP were connected to it.  I have several municipality LEO friends there who have on occasion argued with NJSP about HP.  

One story I even remember was that guy A was off duty at a gun shop buying things, to include HP, and a uniformed SP told him he better not buy that as he would lock him up right there/ threatened to shut down the shop for selling them. Conversation ensued and guy A called SP's supervisor, after several hours the supervisor arrived and informed them that guy A is correct.  

And thats on a long list of why i voted with my feet and left the state

lol, you guys from woodbury/national park area. i was born and raised in west deptford.  seems DE is the choice if the mrs doesnt want to go all the way to florida for south jersey residents :)

because thats the law, all 3 must be seperate
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 02:20:34 AM by LostM »

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2016, 04:11:02 AM »
Used to go to the deptford mall all the time as a kid. my mom got a job there when i was young, back when it first opened up

NRA Member

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2016, 06:15:43 AM »
The problem is LEOs are political, they have their sides, they also follow orders from supervisors on up. An officer can pretty much arrest anyone for very little and "just allow the courts to figure out the law". You couldn't pay me to enter NJ with a firearm for any reason (event, range visit, through-travel, etc), let alone with HPs under any circumstances. An officer there who wants to, most certainly can, and will, make the arrest, turning your life upside down while they go home satisfied at the end of their shift.

The LAW is NOT on your side. Innocent until proven guilty is pure BS today and "The LAW" will differ from one judge or jury to the next depending on how its twisted. Yes, its sad.. very very sad but that's the truth.

Best thing.. don't provide them with ammo against you (pun intended). While they might be legal, explain that to your wife and kids sitting at the dinner table here in DE while you sit waiting for your lawyer in a NJ jail cell.