Author Topic: Zero Tolerance Knives?  (Read 5787 times)

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
Zero Tolerance Knives?
« on: August 27, 2016, 06:43:56 PM »
Greetings gang.  I've carried a folding knife for ages, Benchmade 943 specifically, but just because, I'm looking at trying something new.  The 943 is a great tool, but I just happened across Zero Tolerance Knives a little while back and they've piqued my interest.  Anyone have any experience with these?

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Zero Tolerance Knives?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 09:05:13 PM »
Im definitely into some knives, but do not have any ZT's. Someone who's knive opinion I appreciate is "TheApostleP" on youtube. I see at least a dozen videos of his on various ZT's. Here's one: https://youtu.be/d5Eid8HMV-E
New Castle County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 11:18:05 PM »
I carry a Keeshaw Leek and have for several years now. It's certainly not a HD do all utility knife for certain but it does all my daily cutting jobs. It's light, slim, extremely sharp, stays sharp and at the same time fairly easy to sharpen.. Two things that usually don't match. It opens fast via thumb or forefinger for quick use and can be closed easily with one hand as well. I've had the internal spring steel snap on me once and Kershaw has a fast free parts replacement. Simply fill out the online form and they ship the part next day.

I like it for the features above but also that it's non scary or threatening and in a pocket or being held. I never worry about standing out.

Don't take it to see a presidential candidate however.. 😉 I forgot about it until I was 1/2 way through the security line. Started back to the truck to put it away and Secret Service noticed! That was actually a fun and interesting experience plus as a bonus I got a SS detail ride to my truck and back through security to meet up with family quickly. 😜 Nice guys they were lol.

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 01:45:24 AM »
This guy makes some really nice knives I had one of the Dao Folders on preorder but I had to cancel due to being laid off.

https://www.krudoknives.com/
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

SteveMiller

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 02:13:43 AM »
Steve Miller
DSSA
NRA Life Member
Gun Owners of America

ThePixelated

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 10:31:57 PM »
ZT Knives are nice. They are made by the same company that owns Kershaw - KAI USA, Ltd. ZT Knives are higher end than Kershaw. There's a few that I like, but their prices are just out of my price range for knives.

I have a Kershaw Cryo, Cryo II and Link 1776 Tanto. Also a Quartermaster QTR-3f Templeton Peck (Xmas present to myself two years ago). I just got a Spyderco Delica 4 FRN yesterday. Trying something a little different.

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 04:16:36 PM »
From reading everything here, would it be safe to assume that ZT knives are essentially a different brand's version of my trusty Benchmade Osbourne 943 that I've had for years.  One was given to me as a gift and I think I paid about $180 for the other. 

SteveMiller

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 01:08:29 AM »
Similar class as Benchmade, but I have to say I like my ZT better than my Bencmmade knives.  Go to a good knife store and fondle them.  It's kind of like trying different guns.  Here is another one I have.

Steve Miller
DSSA
NRA Life Member
Gun Owners of America

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 01:38:37 PM »
Similar class as Benchmade, but I have to say I like my ZT better than my Bencmmade knives.  Go to a good knife store and fondle them.  It's kind of like trying different guns.  Here is another one I have.

That ZT is a slick looking blade.