Author Topic: someone tried to tell me  (Read 8384 times)

NormH3

• Life Member
Re: someone tried to tell me
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2016, 01:14:01 AM »
you are correct you can still open carry if your heart desires.  But why would you after getting your permit

Because he legally can in Delaware.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2016, 01:47:18 AM »
Hell Yeah,,,lol
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2016, 09:51:37 PM »
you are correct you can still open carry if your heart desires.  But why would you after getting your permit

ever go somewhere that you don't want to be bothered, like shopping and every sales person bugs the crap out of you or anything else. how likely is it that you think the average joe is gonna walk up and start bothering the guy brandishing the gun.. unless they themselves are a gun addict,lol.i know it sounds like a power thing but it's not.. sometimes i wear grey shoes, sometimes black, why, because i can

So much wrong with this mindset and none are good reasons for OC at all. While I believe OC has it's place if you have a CC permit there would be very few moments when OC would be preferred and none of your examples would be right for either. OC if you like but never for any intimidation reasons.

- You don't carry a firearm, concealed or OC, to keep people from bothering you.
- Legal OC of a firearm is NOT brandishing a firearm. Touching or even giving the appearance of doing so while in a non life threatening situation to you could end with you in jail or being arrested. Proving so is more difficult then you realize and "that sales guy was in my face" certainly isn't going to fly.
- I could easily see some anti-gun totally-offended-by-all-guns left-wing nutcase walking up to you and bothering you. Heck, any anti-gun or concerned LEO in Delaware can detain you for up to 2 hours if they believe you could be a safety risk or to simply legally harass you. Yes.. They have that authority.

Legally possessing a firearm on ones person for protection is a great responsibility. If you honestly think any of those reasons is a valid reason to carry you need to stop and seriously reconsider things. Not judging you in any way but just saying...

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2016, 12:41:13 PM »
easy now. i'm not going to walk around with my chest out letting people know" hey look at me, i have a gun so don't freakin bother me" attitude. that's not my point. as all things, translation sometime gets lost in text and typing. For now i don't have my permit, my ad goes into the Guide today and i will file soon. I will open carry for now but not everywhere. The gun itself does me no good in protecting me if it's sitting in a closet. Although i do enjoy shooting the gun for fun, i bought it to use as in a dire need to protect myself. I myself do not want to have to pull a gun on anyone for anything and so far have not had to resort in any resort to any type of physical violence where i thought i had to put someone down. But with the recent situation i had and they way things are going in this world, i feel the need to want to protect myself in case that type of situation does come about. Therefore, for now if or when my permit comes to me, i will OC

NRA Member

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2016, 01:57:23 PM »
One of the concerns that I have with OC is that everyone, including the bad guys, knows that you have a gun.  This could make you a target for robbery that otherwise might not happen.  The BG will just be more careful in how he would approach you to steal your gun.  You would need to keep a very high alert condition at all times and I'm not sure just how possible this without becoming draining.  It has happened before that an OCer was attacked and his gun taken.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2016, 02:06:22 PM »
well, i just bought online an Alien Gear holster, cloak mod OWB. after watching the videos and reading all the reviews i chose this holster because it didn't look to easy for someone to pull the gun out unless they knew what they were doing. but i will put up a review once it comes in the mail.

NRA Member

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2016, 02:08:52 PM »
I OC on a few rare occasions, like around my place or on the farm for a comfort reason. Some times my CC holster is uncomfortable in certain work requirements. My OC holster, has a retention strap to hold the gun in place better in certain bending and stooping cases. I'm sure no body here would want to drop their gun in a fresh cow pie. Also, when riding a tractor it can be uncomfortable to have a IWB carried gun poking you in the ribs. But normally I use my IWB holster when away from home.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2016, 02:21:30 PM »
my wife has CC, and usually has her glock when we're out together. i'm going to experiment with it at first, cause i'm still unsure about doing it too. saw a guy a a car show with one, i thought, hmmm he's got a gun then i walked away to go look at the cars.

NRA Member