Author Topic: S&W Shield 9mm  (Read 8037 times)

29thInfantry

• Life Member
S&W Shield 9mm
« on: September 11, 2016, 05:20:58 AM »
Finally got my Shield in 9mm today got a really good trade deal on it 3 mags and 200 rounds of ammo.  I was sorry to see the FNS go but it I just was not happy with it any more.  Planning on running some lead through this tomorrow it has never been fired.
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Sinker

Re: S&W Shield 9mm
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 11:50:30 AM »
Nice!  That will likely be my next firearm purchase.

JonathanG

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 12:08:38 PM »
My wife loves her Shield in .40 S&W. It's a great little pistol, that carries very well. The wife uses a Stealthgear Onyx and one of their IWB double mag holders. When I carry her pistol, I usually use a single clip Kydex and one OWB mag holder. Enjoy the new pistol. Smith and Wesson really got it right with this platform.

rainman378

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 01:22:41 PM »
Smith and Wesson M&P shield is a nice gun. I love mine! It's the perfect gun for concealed carry. I have the 9mm and it's very accurate and fun to shoot.

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 01:23:05 PM »
Congratulations, enjoy it!!!!

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 04:01:49 PM »
My wife loves her Shield in .40 S&W. It's a great little pistol, that carries very well. The wife uses a Stealthgear Onyx and one of their IWB double mag holders. When I carry her pistol, I usually use a single clip Kydex and one OWB mag holder. Enjoy the new pistol. Smith and Wesson really got it right with this platform.

Stealthgear is the only holster I will use.  I tried the rest I did not like the leather holsters the stealthgear holsters are very comfortable and no break in time. 
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 06:13:03 PM »
Nice choice, there are a few of us on here that carry it  ;D
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 05:56:43 PM »
my only issue with it was being so little, not that it really is. But i would have to keep the other mag with the 8 rounds in it to be able to hold onto it. i don't have great grip in my hands due to diabetes, so i needed something with a bit longer handle wich is why i went with the S&W sd9ve. it says it's a 16 round clip, but i can only get 15 in it, but that's still pretty good.
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2016, 12:23:31 AM »
my only issue with it was being so little, not that it really is. But i would have to keep the other mag with the 8 rounds in it to be able to hold onto it. i don't have great grip in my hands due to diabetes, so i needed something with a bit longer handle wich is why i went with the S&W sd9ve. it says it's a 16 round clip, but i can only get 15 in it, but that's still pretty good.

I believe I understand that you have a 16 round magazine.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2016, 12:35:44 PM »

they say they're 16 rounds, but i can only get 15 in them. but i was also using an all brass bullet if that makes any difference
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2016, 07:47:06 AM »
Shoot it and leave the mags full when home. I have a few handguns that I couldn't top up when new. After a few hundred rounds through the mags that last round pops in just fine.   ;D

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2016, 09:22:27 AM »
they say they're 16 rounds, but i can only get 15 in them. but i was also using an all brass bullet if that makes any difference

Loading some of those larger capacity mags can be a pain. I bought a Uplula speed loader for my semi-auto 9mm. It helps a lot.

http://www.maglula.com/product/uplula-9mm-to-45acp/
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2016, 02:19:36 PM »
Not just the large ones.. We have a Walther PPS with 6,7 & 8 round mags. One of the 6 would take 5 but there was absolutely no way a 6th was going in.. even with an Uplula speed loader.  Hit the range a few times and noting which mag was problematic so fired double the ammo through that mag. We'd also leave it loaded when at home though did not carry that mag. After a few hundred rounds the 6th round fit in fine.

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2016, 05:29:58 PM »

Had the same issue with a P226 when it was new. Very tough to get that last round in. The Maglula loader is definitely a plus.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2016, 10:43:37 PM »
Chris, I'm sure you have a 9mm Shield in stock. Sinker is looking....
New Castle County