Author Topic: New CCW carrier in New Castle Co.  (Read 6198 times)

topper

New CCW carrier in New Castle Co.
« on: September 11, 2016, 09:37:43 PM »
Hello all. I just received my CCW in the mail after a 4 1/2 month wait. I don't know why, but I find my self very excited about this. I wasn't quite prepared to receive it this early, so I've only now ordered a nice IWB holster expecting a 2 to 4 week wait, and hoping the excitement wears off by then. I do have an elastic waist band holster, but after wearing it a couple times, I'm not crazy about it.

I spent 4 years as a Security Police Dog Handler in the Air Force, with a total of six years active duty and 10 years in the Army National Guard, so handling firearms is nothing new to me.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: New CCW carrier in New Castle Co.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 09:56:57 PM »
Welcome @topper. Although not optimal, you could use an OWB holster until your IWB arrives. If you shoot USPSA matches, they require OWB so it may be worthwhile having one. Having another vet on board is good, even a flyboy/dogface. :)
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 09:59:18 PM »
Congratulations. It's sad to think that someone that had prior military experience had to wait so long for for their legal ability to carry concealed. Enjoy your new found freedom in Delaware.

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 10:17:54 PM »
Congrats and Safe Carry !
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 12:17:50 AM »
Congratulations on the permit.  Who did  you order your holster from?
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Sinker

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 12:46:49 PM »
Congrats, Topper!  I received mine this past Friday after a four month wait.  Carry safe!

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 01:00:36 PM »
Welcome to this forum and congrats on the permit. Thank you for your service for this great country. All the best to you and stay safe.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

Andrew1986

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 02:47:40 PM »
Welcome. Who did you order ur IWB holster from? I personally have an IWB holster from alien gear which i love and an OWB holster from Vedder. Safe carry.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

New Castle County
DECCW Permit Holder
PA N/R Permit Holder

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 05:30:24 PM »
Welcome Topper! Thank you for your service.
New Castle County

Grettski

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2016, 07:14:41 PM »
Welcome! Lots of great people willing to help in this place. Still waiting for about 5 months now. Hopefully I will get mine soon.
And as a retired AF flight engineer, thanks for your service!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 12:54:32 AM by Grettski »
USAF Retired

greymas

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2016, 05:17:47 PM »
Now you got me all excited. I submitted paper work on 4/15. I wasn't expecting anything until October at least. Congrats

topper

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2016, 03:34:57 AM »
Congratulations on the permit.  Who did  you order your holster from?

I ordered my holster from BlackPoint Tactical. It will be brown since I tend to wear a lot of Khaki.  I went to Lancaster, PA yesterday and got my PA CCW, and on the way back, I saw Target Shooting Solutions in Avondale, Pa. so I had to stop in and look around. I am left handed, so it makes it a little harder to find a holster. TSS had one CCW left handed holster and it was in black, so I bought it. It's a Safariland 576 GLS holster. I wore it most of the day today, and it was very comfortable.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…

USAF Vietnam Era Veteran
Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol
NRA Life Time Member
DE CCW
PA CCW

being safe

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2016, 08:13:33 PM »
I too am from New Castle and 5 Months and 8 days later I received mine. 

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2016, 06:08:15 AM »
I am left handed, so it makes it a little harder to find a holster.

Welcome, congrats and thank you for serving.

While I'm right handed I messed up my right arm a few months ago with torn tendons. Skipping surgery the recovery time looks to be roughly 1 year for the damage done. While I can still shoot with my right hand its painful and I have lost quite a bit of hand strength and some nerve damage affecting grip. I'm happy now that I've tried to shoot quite a bit with both hands over the years however drawing with my injured right hand and transferring it to my left isn't gonna happen so.. I bought a Left hand version of my daily carry holster.. the MTAC holster from Comp-Tac. They make a great reinforced belt. Its odd wearing on the Left but I'm going through the drills and getting the hang of the Left hand draw finally.

Just tossing them out as they offer left handed options for many of their holsters. I own a few now and all have been fantastic.

8thFA

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2016, 12:45:38 AM »
Congrats and welcome!
US Army veteran
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
NCC