Author Topic: AG Office Called  (Read 3099 times)

SweetPete

AG Office Called
« on: September 16, 2016, 02:32:49 PM »
Well the AG office called because they needed a 5yr DE driving record. Got my previous state driving record same day online. No biggie. At least I know my app didn't fall behind a filing cabinet. I applied in April, so it's going on 5 months now. My previous license expired due to personal circumstances, so I had to jump through the hoops once again. Does anyone know the actual process and where the AG review is in that process? 5 mths is ridiculous. Thx
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 11:19:54 AM by SweetPete »

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
Re: AG Office Called
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 02:59:27 PM »
I worked at the AG's office a few years back and was on the same floor as the investigators.  The process essentially entails the AG's office investigators who are all retired police officers reviewing your application, running a DELJIS search on you, reviewing your criminal background check as provided by SBI through your fingerprinting, and making a recommendation as approve or deny and then stacking it on the desk of whichever deputy in the civil division has drawn CCDW application duties.  As for exactly where in the process your application is at the point of receiving a phone call from them, your guess is as good as mine.  The investigators are splitting duties between CCDW applications and other investigative duties, generally at the request of the consumer crimes division.

SweetPete

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 03:16:18 PM »
It arrived yesterday if anyone is wondering about time frames.

Grettski

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 03:46:45 PM »

Congrats man! What county are you in?
USAF Retired

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 03:50:40 PM »

Congrats and safe carry !
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 04:04:10 PM »
maybe it took longer for you because of needing the driving record, hoping i won't be that long for me
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member